How do you go about using your headphone amp with multiple devices?
Jan 15, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #16 of 18
TX-NR809

I've done some searching/reading...and I'm just not seeing a viable alternative.  With my current setup I don't think there's a way to hook it up and just have it work for everything.  Guess I'm going to have to pick one and live with it.

Jan 15, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #17 of 18
I've tried the splitter, and the issue is that it doesn't turn off the main speakers.....it just outputs to both at the same time. Turn the volume up on one, it goes up on both.

I also don't seem to get any sound at all from the other suggested method.

For using the little dot as a preamp, make sure headphones aren't plugged in at the same time. And that it's on. Should be obvious, but I gotta say it just in case...

Jan 15, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #18 of 18
When I try to use it as a preamp as you describe, I have to say it scares me a little bit.

First there is an audible buzz through the speakers, and 2nd if I tap on the headphone speakers, it comes out through the main speakers.

It makes me hesitant to go any further.

I guess what I could do is get a USB sound card for the PC with RCA outs, and use splitters at both the turntable phono pre amp out and the headphone amp in and connect both sources that way. I think that would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back