How do you get the glue off of jewel cases?
Nov 4, 2007 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Anarchy965

500+ Head-Fier
So whenever I get a new CD, I go ahead and pull it out of the plastic wrap, then very carefully pull of the sticker at the top with the name of the album on it trying to keep it from leaving behind the sticky glue on the jewel case. This isn't enough though, and it usually ends up with glue on it anyway. I've tried using non-acetone nail polish remover, but that just spreads the glue around. I've tried %100 acetone nail polish (Don't try this!), it ruins the plastic of the jewel case. What do you guys use?

Nov 4, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #2 of 28
I don't remember having that happen to me. When I buy a new cd I (after removing outer plastic) unhinge the top of the case so that it hinges perpindicular then the label top comes right of with no problem.

Nov 4, 2007 at 11:18 PM Post #3 of 28
eucalyptus oil... amazing stuff - it's always the first thing I try for difficult cleaning. Just use a little on a tissue or rag and it will be clean in no time...

Nov 4, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #5 of 28
Goo Gone would be my choice, but I've never had a problem with glue - the labels always peel right off for me (after I attack them for 45 minutes to get a corner up)...

GAD

Nov 5, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #7 of 28
Goo Gone X4, or buy a new case!
wink.gif

Nov 5, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #8 of 28
I just had a bunch of new stuff with sticker residue on it and a little brasso took it right off with little to no effort.

Nov 5, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #11 of 28
I usually swear and curse and flap my arms through the air then throw the case int he bin and replace it with one of the ones I have a crate full of.

Nov 5, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I usually swear and curse and flap my arms through the air then throw the case int he bin and replace it with one of the ones I have a crate full of.

Where do you actually buy jewel cases? I've thought of this solution, but never knew where to get them.

Thanks for the goo gone suggestion, btw. I know I've seen this stuff at the supermarket. I'll have to get some next time I'm there.

Nov 5, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #14 of 28
I'll be honest I cant remember where I got them I bought a literal bucket of them years ago and am still slowly chewing though them when needed, I did the same with DVD cases.

I suspect in both cases (no pun intended) I got the lot from dabs.com. It's the hardware site I've been using the longest.

Nov 5, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #15 of 28
Eucalyptus oil or a lot of citrus based domestic cleaners will remove the gum residue.

cheers
Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back