How do you get the 10% Discount from Head-fi
Feb 19, 2006 at 8:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

FIJI

Head-Fier
Hi. I donated some money and was just wondering how I get the 10% discount. I think this might be my first post here, but I've been reading the forum for about a year now.

Feb 19, 2006 at 8:47 AM Post #2 of 7
quoting myself from another Headroom discount thread a couple of days ago...
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63
There is no coupon code for getting the 10% Head-Fi contributor discount. If you order over the phone, just tell the sales rep and give him your Head-Fi username. If you order online, I think there's a instruction field where you can provide the same info and Headroom should take care of the discount.

Since it's your first post, "Welcome to Head-Fi, and sorry 'bout your wallet." But you already knew that.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 19, 2006 at 3:06 PM Post #4 of 7
There have been earlier posts about the fine art of Haggling. It seemed if the buyer posited the question of a lower price the Head-Fi Sponsor was willing to Haggle.

I'm sure it's not always the case but it's worth asking.

Mitch

Feb 19, 2006 at 8:26 PM Post #5 of 7
one last question. how long does it take for me to show up as a contributor? i donated some money yesterday and got my paypal receipts and everything via e-mail, but i'm still a "junior member." I guess i should just wait...maybe that stuff doesn't change over the weekend! anyway this website rocks! thanks for the replies.

Feb 19, 2006 at 8:51 PM Post #7 of 7
That's right.... if your name is showing up in bold font, then you are recognized as a Head-fi contributor. I simply called up HeadRoom and placed my order to ensure the discount, but I was told on the phone that you can also fill the comments field with the fact that you are a head-fi contributor, being sure to put your username in that field. They'll automatically ensure you are charged 10% less.

So, what did you order?
smily_headphones1.gif

Good luck,
-Vik

Users who are viewing this thread

Back