How do you enjoy your music?
May 26, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #17 of 30
^^^^^^ x2. If I am not surfing I am reading, but will regularly drift off with the music.

May 28, 2010 at 9:29 AM Post #18 of 30
I do most of the intense music listening when i'm on the bus or the train. That's when my thoughts all centralise on the music i'm listening to, I analyse and visualize every song i listen to. and it transports me to another world.

May 29, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #21 of 30
I can have music as background while surfing, or reading something, but only as background. Why? Because I get drawn into whatever I am reading, and lose track of what I am listening to. I don't need to necessarily close my eyes to listen, in fact, I can have an enjoyable listen while taking a walk.....but reading just distracts me too much.

I do quite often listen in bed, with my eyes closed, but I don't limit myself to just that situation either....and there are times that I have fallen asleep that way, like Young Spade mentioned.

May 29, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #22 of 30
A lot of the time I will be doing things online or just on my computer while listening to music. Sometimes I get too distracted by what I am doing to enjoy the music, but most of the time it works. I used to occasionally listen to music and not do anything while I was, but that doesn't work well for me. I have a lot of things that will distract me and it works best if I keep myself busy. I will often stop what I am doing to really focus on a certain part of a song or one song though.

Jun 5, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #23 of 30
With eyes closed I tend to go to sleep (yea, even when listening to stuff like Black Sabbath). When I really want to concentrate on the music I go down to my home theater room and dim the lights to about 15 to 20% brightness.

Jun 5, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #24 of 30
Depends, I prefer listening while just reading and surfing. If the music is good, it becomes impossible to read and surf and I am gone. Sometimes I purely concentrate on the music

Jun 7, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #26 of 30

Quote:
I can have music as background while surfing, or reading something, but only as background. Why? Because I get drawn into whatever I am reading, and lose track of what I am listening to. I don't need to necessarily close my eyes to listen, in fact, I can have an enjoyable listen while taking a walk.....but reading just distracts me too much.

I do quite often listen in bed, with my eyes closed, but I don't limit myself to just that situation either....and there are times that I have fallen asleep that way, like Young Spade mentioned.

I had to comment on this. I find this really interesting because my brain works in the exact opposite way. I tend to lack attention span when it comes to reading, but music will usually grab and hold my attention indefinitely. So if I'm trying to read while listening to music, I get distracted by the music, and can't read effectively. This probably is due to me having more stimuli as a kid from audio than from books.

Jun 7, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #27 of 30

Quote:

I had to comment on this. I find this really interesting because my brain works in the exact opposite way. I tend to lack attention span when it comes to reading, but music will usually grab and hold my attention indefinitely. So if I'm trying to read while listening to music, I get distracted by the music, and can't read effectively. This probably is due to me having more stimuli as a kid from audio than from books.

I was the opposite....a voracious reader especially as a kid, and I do still read a fair amount now. Never cared much about music until my teenage years.
L3000.gif

Jun 7, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #29 of 30

Quote:
I voted option #2. I usually am surfing the net or doing something at the same time, but it would be a stretch to say I am really stimulated by it. What I am doing with my eyes is mostly mindless, as I usually end up focusing on the music.
L3000.gif

Sounds like me :)

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #30 of 30
Quote:
I was the opposite....a voracious reader especially as a kid, and I do still read a fair amount now. Never cared much about music until my teenage years.
L3000.gif

The same here, I read my eyes to sleep. I still read a lot, just not everything like I used to do when I had more time. Music is like a good book sometimes, just a way of seeing it.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back