How do you deal with rude operator on the phone?
Feb 7, 2004 at 1:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

NEO

500+ Head-Fier
Today I called in wheresmyrebate.com to asked about my missing rebate mails (it happens a lot lately), The operator hung up on me before I fnished my conversation. I was asking him a question and I was pissed off. So I called back again and spoke with different operator who denied to give me the name of that operator. I called back again and one operator gave me the guy's name w/o the first name. When I knew the guy name, one operator connected me to him but I didn't recognize his voice at first. I told the guy that I was about to send in a complain and he gave me the address but denied to gave the full name of the operator. I then recognized his voice and asked if he was that operator, he then hung up.

I was more than pissed off now so I called in again and spoke with another operator. I simply asked her the full name of the operator which she denied and hung up on me. Now my call is completely blocked since she knows my number so when I called in agin,she just lift the hanger and hang up. I gave up b/c there is nothing else I could do and it took me an hour already.

The point is, what will you do if you were me? Am I being to uptight up about it? I am not an aggressive people but I dont know why it piss me off everytime people is rude on the phone or just ignore to answer thier e-mails. Seems to be not a bg deal for some people but as I said, it piss me off everytime. I just want to know what you guys do when you meet the same situation, just ignore and let it go?

NEO

Feb 7, 2004 at 3:57 AM Post #4 of 7
Contact the company whose product was rebated through wheresmyrebate.com and explain how bad the service was and how it reflects on them?

Sometimes they don't know what's going on and how it might effect their sales.

Call wheresmyrebate.com and politely ask for a manager and discuss the problem.

Good Luck

Mitch

Feb 7, 2004 at 4:00 AM Post #5 of 7
What I do is get the phone person's employee number when they say they aren't allowed to give out a name. I tell them that I am going to file a complaint with one of their superiors. Most of the time I don't even log a complaint, but going through this routine, IMO, ruins their day just like they ruined mine.

Feb 7, 2004 at 6:44 AM Post #6 of 7
write to complain, and be sure to include the date and time (as well as the time zone in which you were calling). many companies routinely record customer service calls; it may help the company located the recording, if it exists, and identify the rude operator(s). btw, companies that really care about customer service usually require operators to give a name when answering a call.

Feb 7, 2004 at 7:36 AM Post #7 of 7
One thing to remember about dealing with people on the phone -- they're just every day people like you and me. Always do your best to level with them person to person.

So, always start of like you're talking to someone who has to work at some crummy job.

However, if you're dealing with a total biatchaslav, write a letter. Don't be mean, just be level headed in your wording. That way, they might actually do something to try to keep your business.

And by the way, skate. If that's how they treat you as a customer, just don't even bother doing business with them again. (that's the immediate, but long term solution to your problems)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back