how do you clean your canalphones?
Feb 15, 2005 at 7:24 PM Post #17 of 23
Curious, I did a bit of research. The problem seems to be related to the production of isopropyl alcohol, not the use of it.

Quote:
Epidemiological studies suggested an association between isopropyl alcohol and paranasal sinus cancer; however, subsequent analysis suggests that the "strong-acid" process used to manufacture isopropyl alcohol may be responsible for these cancers [ACGIH 1991]. The International Agency for Research on Cancer has concluded that the evidence for the carcinogenicity of this process is adequate but that the evidence for isopropyl alcohol itself is inadequate [IARC 1987].

http://www.health-report.co.uk/isopropyl_alcohol.htm
(and similar statements found elsewhere)

Feb 15, 2005 at 8:20 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by gorman
Ouch, how gross! You are supposed to clean them regularly. The way you are doing it now, you are inviting ear infection to happen. Be carefule with you ears, they are the only listening istrument nature has given you. And they're not repairable.
wink.gif

Oh, don't worry. My iem's are not actually all gross or anything. They just look a little bit hazy (not totally transparent). I wash my ears every day very well with soap and warm water when I shower
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 15, 2005 at 10:43 PM Post #19 of 23
Feb 15, 2005 at 10:44 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by SKULD87
dont use isopropyl alcohol. it causes (edit)cancer if I remember correctly. Try a search.

Producing IA has been linked to cancer, not the use of it. It is used across the world to disinfect skin prior to innocculations, and I am sure it would have stopped if people were getting cancer as a result.

Feb 16, 2005 at 12:06 AM Post #21 of 23
I soak my tri-flanges in hydrogen peroxide overnight, once/week. I completely submerge them. I then rinse them off in the morning with water, and let dry. You can blow air on them from your mouth to speed up the drying process. This process completely cleans and whitens them and does not hurt them.

Feb 17, 2005 at 11:22 AM Post #23 of 23
Not sure if they would work in the E3c. They work in the T2XS as the earpieces are soft and grip the filters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back