How Do You Carry Your Rig?
Apr 22, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #31 of 84
port-1.jpg

Apr 22, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #33 of 84
If I'm not wearing a jacket, then I usually have my amp in my left pant pocket, and the Cowon D2 in my right pocket, connected by a short IC cable. If I'm wearing a jacket, the amp goes in my left inner pocket, while the player goes in my right outer jacket pocket.

As you can tell, I prefer to separate the bulk of a player and amp, rather than combine them into a huge awkward looking bulge in my coat/pants (Is that your audio rig, or are you just happy to see me?).

Apr 22, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #34 of 84
When in use, the iPod sits in my back pocket. when not in use, I stuff the livewires into their case and put both the case and my iPod into whatever bag I'm carrying.

Apr 23, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #35 of 84
I carry my D2 and PK3s and when in use, PK3s in my ears of course and my D2 in my pocket or my hoody. When not in use, I just wrap the PK3s around the D2. Works for me
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #36 of 84
I usually have my 3-gen Nano in the pocket of my jacket in cool to cold weather, and I leave the ER-4P clipped to my clothing with the cord run under the jacket. When not in use the driver housings go under my shirt between my natural shelf. =p

In warmer weather the same applies, with the player in whatever pocket is convenient, only I run the cable under my top. Since I generally wear tops with scoop necks, the shirt clip holding the barrel break is generally at a good height to give enough slack.

If I'm wearing a more traditional t-shirt, the clip goes on my bra strap. Clipping it to the collar of a regular t-shirt usually results in cable noise.

I've seen a couple of little khaki bags with an over-the-shoulder strap, and I will probably get one of those for carrying extra (like an amp) and to tote the devices around when wearing something without pockets.

Apr 23, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #37 of 84
I recently bought an Evolution jacket from Scott eVest (SCOTTEVEST/SeV® iPod and Travel Clothing Solutions™) that has solved my problems carrying my rig (which consists of a 160gb iPod Classic, an RSA Hornet amp, and UE Triple.fi 10 earphones).

The jacket comes with a ton of pockets (25 to be exact) of various sizes, but the really cool thing is that its designed to allow you to run cables from one pocket to another in between the shell and the lining (they call it the Personal Area Network or PAN).

For example, in my case, I have my iPod in an external breast pocket so that I can easily take it out to check an artist, change the playlist, or turn it on/off. Using a dock connector-to-mini plug cable I bought at amazon, I plug the dock connector part to the iPod, run the mini plug through a small hole in the pocket (much like a large-ish button hole) to a similar hole in an internal pocket that holds the amp. The internal pocket also has a hole in its flap through which I run the earphone plug. There are velcro flaps running up the inside of the jacket to secure the earphone cable.

It works great. The jacket is very well designed (I'm sounding like a commercial here, but I'm merely a satisfied customer) so that there's no bulges indicating that I'm carrying my gear--only my earphones give anything away. If you're carrying a larger amp that won't fit in the internal breast pocket, there are other pockets, both internal and external that'll hold just about any size amp you care to carry.

Once you have your rig installed, there's plenty of pockets for your cell phone, sunglasses, PDA, wallet, keys, water bottle (seriously), magazines, paperback book, pens, notepads, file folders, small umbrella, a laptop (as long as you don't sit down and crush it against the back of a chair), with pockets left over. Whew! The sleeves also unzip to turn the jacket into a vest.

The only downside? It was a bit pricey at $150. But considering how much I've already spent on backpacks, cases, and velcro straps trying to solve the problem, it's not so bad.

Also, now that we're getting closer to the warm weather, I won't be wearing a jacket that much longer. So I'm thinking of trying out a pair of their pants that have pockets on the inside with the same sort of PAN system.

They also sell hoodies, shirts, and other jackets.

Apr 25, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #41 of 84
All my portable rigs fit into this case logic digital camera case over one shoulder under that arm (can be on belt also also as case has snapdown belt loop):wink:

U2Pod%20Toma%20EB5.jpg

May 4, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #44 of 84
Case Logic for the DAP/Amp & Panasonic pouch for the phones.

A808.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back