How do V-MODA headphones sound?
May 2, 2006 at 9:04 PM Post #2 of 10
I have heard over at iLounge that they sound very good for the $50, but they aren't really audiophiles over there. I was one of the lucky winners a few weeks ago to win a set but... somehow how they managed to end up on ebay
rolleyes.gif
and then poof some new Grado SR-60's are at my door.
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

seriously though, I felt a little guilty selling them since I did win them competing against other people, but I won them fair a square and I figure they wouldn't be an equal match to my um1's. Conveinantly though, they gave me enough money to buy the SR-60's.

May 3, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #3 of 10
I'm not an audiophile, but to me they sound ok.

Comparing them to my ksc75s, I'd generally pick the koss, but it isn't a drag to use the vmoda earbuds, especially if I'm not listening to something where the bass-heavy kosses aren't as appropriate. In really "full" sounding music like alternative or metal where there's lots of electric guitars and things going on, they can sound a bit ... shiny? Brassy? Like it's all smooshed together into "noise." But for pop or electronic or classical they're pretty, and there seems to be a reasonable amount of bass for earbuds. This is all just me sitting here trying to listen for defects. They're perfectly fine to walk around with, no matter what you're listening to.

I was going to try to compare these to the only other earbuds I have -- my ibuds -- but those have stopped working, it seems. I'd imagine they're better, because my kosses and shures made me toss the ibuds into the drawer and leave them there, whereas these v-moda things I actually use.

That said, I got these for free and I might not buy them again if they break. Unless you have a specific reason you want earbuds rather than clipons, the kosses are the better deal. (Much cheaper, and maybe about as good or better, depending on your music.)

That said, they're really shiny and the cord is awfully cool looking -- braided wire of the same color of the phones covered in clear plastic -- and they do sound nice. They'd be a good suggestion for the "what headphones should I get my girlfriend, they have to be pink?" posts that occasionally show up here.

May 3, 2006 at 10:12 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by teemi
They'd be a good suggestion for the "what headphones should I get my girlfriend, they have to be pink?" posts that occasionally show up here.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ghlight=v-moda

I recommended them over at this thread.

Apr 4, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #5 of 10
They sound fine... I'd rather have er6is but that really is just a matter of prefrence. The v-modas are warmer than the etys and don't provide nearly as much isolation. Also they're not particualry detailed, but they do look really nice IMO.

Apr 4, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #6 of 10
the current edition vibes sound ok, but not great.
if you listen to a lot of hip hop, trance/electronic music in general, you would probably be happy. (they sound better than portapros at least)
the build-quality is quite bad, and they tend to break quite easily... but at least they look great, and the customer service is the best
tongue.gif

Apr 8, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Sade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do the flashy V-MODA bud, plug, etc. headphones sound?

::: v-moda :::

I've had V-Moda Vibe for over a year now. They sound fine, very pleasant. I could not stand Apple's stock buds and did not listen to the iPod (5G) until I got these. Smooth, pleasant, slightly "warm"-colored, perhaps. I can listen to them for really long time. Nothing audiophile about their sound, though, make no mistake. My son's $60 Audio Technica *30 sounds notably better to me, but those are full-size.

Their web-site, with all this "moda", "musique", etc. stuff was a turn off for me, but the phones are nice. They do look good, are convenient, have an overall quality feel. I have Gunpowder Metal, or whatever it is. Will definitely recommend them, especially at current prices.

We also got their Bass-freq (hope I remember right) a year ago for our son. Paid about $40. I actually never listened to those, but the boy hated them. He says, way too much bass [edited 4/9/08 - too much bad muddy bass obscuring everything else, that is!].

Apr 8, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #8 of 10
I have the bass-light bright blue ones. They sound pretty good, with plenty of bass still :wink:
Perfect to listen to some music on the slopes or to [ substitute your favourite outdoor activity here ]

Apr 8, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #9 of 10
Ive owned the bass freq and the vibes. The bass freq have the deepest and most amazing bass of any canal phone I've ever heard. But the bass is extremely overpowering. Get them if you like rap or hip hop though. The vibes sacrifice sound for looks, and while their okay they tend to be a little muddy. And I've heard that the shiny ones that look like ipod buds baisicly are glorified stock buds.

Apr 9, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #10 of 10
i can cosign with the above post..i have both the bass freq and the vibes...i listen to alot of hip hop and i find the bass freq to be better for base...but i prefer the look of the vibes ...they also seem to have better highs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back