How do the V6s/7506s sound compared to the CD3000s?
Oct 29, 2001 at 4:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mcbiff

100+ Head-Fier
More specifically, are they warmer sounding? And how does the bass compare? I know it should have more of it, but how good does it sound? Also, the 3 m coiled cord seems to be somewhat of a hassle when it comes to portability, is it exchangable for something shorter?

What I'm on the lookout for currently is a pair of cans that are both fun to listen to and can be used portably. I'm not looking for audiophile detail levels, though I wouldn't say no to that either, but rather something that will just be rockin'. This is why I'm contemplating getting the 7506s instead of the HD600s I was planning to get. For musical preferences/rig details check out my profile. They would probably be used both with the home rig and the portable rig (which currently consists of only a Pana CT570).

Oct 29, 2001 at 6:13 PM Post #2 of 7
first off lemme say that i don't claim to have heard either of these phones! But there's about a 320 dollar price difference in these phones so i imagine any comparison would be difficult without a complete bias towards the CD3000.... just a thought
wink.gif

Oct 29, 2001 at 6:35 PM Post #3 of 7
I have the 7506's and they sound great. The coiled cord is a bit annoying at first but i have gotten used to it. Plus, the cans are very durable so i use them all the time when i go out. I cant compare them to the 3000's but i assume those must sound much better. Start researching the 3000's if you can afford them, but they dont look very portable to me. If your looking for portablity lots of folks will say, "buy these koss, or those etys, etc etc." I like my 7506's just fine!

George

ps. you cant change the cable on the 7506's.

Oct 29, 2001 at 6:59 PM Post #5 of 7
Yikes, well the 7506's kick ass regardless
biggrin.gif

They are inexpensive and sound great. Bass is very tight and really rocks when listening to something that has deep low end. I love these cans much more than my Grado SR60's.

george

Oct 29, 2001 at 10:49 PM Post #7 of 7
I've heard many times that the V6s are sort of cold sounding in general, so I doubt they'd be any warmer. I would say that if I didn't need something rugged and "portable", I would have probably just stuck with my sr-60s as home phones. So if you really don't want to spend any more then $100 on a pair of portable phones, I can't think of another phone that is as good in that respect within the price range.

Above $100 I have no expierience in, but I know theres a Beyerdynamic that looks kinda like the V6s with a detachable cord to boot that is often reccomended.

Peace.

P.S. Comparing my sr-60s to V6s, the 60s defiently sound better to my ears (disregarding the V6s seemingly untouchable bass response). So if you got expierience with sr-60s, you can make your own conclusions (which is always prefered of course).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back