How do the Grado SR-60/80's fare with you guys?
Mar 23, 2006 at 8:23 PM Post #17 of 19
I have the SR80 when I first got them I was like Huh what is wrong with these they sounded pretty bad IMHO, then I was like how are people recomending these and have such a cult following. Then I read about burn in and these cans especially seem to get better with some hours on them.

I burned them in probally for a week, and noticed a huge difference...I still think they are quit bright but thats what Eq's were invented for
smily_headphones1.gif
I just lower the mids and highs to just a lil below flat and I up the bass a bit and they sound great. I read some saying you don't need an amp I disagree especially with the 80's I didn't discover that these cans even could do bass untill I got a Pimeta amp. I am now quit satisfied with bass output of them, I was thinking of going up the line to try to get more bass.

Furthermore I recomend starting with say the SR80 and grow with them...That way when you move up to say the 325 you will see what kind of improvement they are to you over the SR80's

For the price they can't be beat IMHO Headroom has them for $95 but they charge shipping....I went with GoodCans.com they charge $95 also but include shipping, and they listen to each pair befor they send them to make sure there is no flaws.

Mar 23, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #18 of 19
The SR60's are a great value, and give you that Grado flavor for not much money. Going to the 80's will give you another jump because of the bowl pads, but I think things don't really get interesting until the SR225

Mar 23, 2006 at 9:29 PM Post #19 of 19
The SR60 is a great headphone, very fun and in my opinion ,only the HF-1 is a greater joy to listen to... all the other grados refine the fun to death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back