How do Stealth and Singlepower hold up against Cary CAD300SEI?
Oct 2, 2004 at 2:32 AM Post #2 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoodyDragon
Dont really respect Stealth manu. anymore...

Thanks!

Amit

Mind sharing why not?
CPW

Oct 2, 2004 at 3:55 AM Post #3 of 35
Moody dragon...
That was not nice of you to say some thing like that, why don't you tell the headfiers the reason you don't like the Stealth after you put an order for one. I thought I will never mention this to the forum & thought it was over with & forgotin, I still have your bounced check sitting in my file, Singlepower should be very careful in accepting your check.
Ray Samuels

Oct 2, 2004 at 4:23 AM Post #5 of 35
The difference - Ray and Mikhail will probably turn a blind eye to bounced checks because they run their own businesses and they're good folk, but Cary would turn you over to their corporate credit department and they would contact the authorities as a matter of company policy.

Oct 2, 2004 at 4:35 AM Post #6 of 35
Ray and his amps really made the Nashville meet. I found it fascinating and informative being able to actually talk to the manufacturer of the amp I was listening to and get feedback as to what went into this design or that design, did you think of this point, wow... I hadn't thought of that kind of engineering, ect. I felt after the meet alot of us had a better understanding of how his amps went together and what he was trying to accomplish with each individual one.

At no point did Ray ever go into price, financing, ect. He was there just like the rest of us... discussing music, comparing amps, and providing an informative and entertaining time. Unlike you Ray never said anything bad about anyone's amps... and I asked him about quite a few different ones there. I pretty much forgot he also sold what alot of us were listening to and was there for the friendship and this crazy hobby. Too bad you've crapped out on buying the Stealth. I'm in the process of selling all of the amps I don't have time or don't listen to so I can start saving up to buy one. It and the XP-7 were my favorite. Got an XP-7 coming next week. I'm sure there are other websites you can go crap all over if you want MoodyD... but take your bullshiat somewhere else.
mad.gif

Oct 2, 2004 at 5:48 AM Post #7 of 35
MoodyDragon said:
Any input would be very helpful. I am finally looking to either buy a Singlepower Supra SDS or a Cary.... Dont really respect Stealth manu. anymore...

On what do you base this comment? Ray Samuels' Stealth is an outstanding amplifier, and Ray's reputation is beyond question. Do you have any comments to make worth considering?

JC

Oct 2, 2004 at 6:36 AM Post #8 of 35
So let me get this straight...you (Moody Dragon) ******** up, and blame Ray Samuels for this?

Ridiculous. I second the comments about the difference being that Cary will turn you in to collections.

Oct 2, 2004 at 7:06 AM Post #9 of 35
Quote:

Any input would be very helpful. I am finally looking to either buy a Singlepower Supra SDS or a Cary.... Dont really respect Stealth manu. anymore...

Thanks!

Amit

Ray Samuels has an excellent reputation here, I have never read of anybody who had a bad experience with him. Being impolite about a very respected member of this community will not earn you many positive comments here.

Oct 2, 2004 at 8:44 AM Post #11 of 35
Quote:

Thanks!

Amit

What kind of *****ed up crap question was that? You bounced check and then try getting other member's comments on two other top notched amps in hopes to narrow your buying decision. Do you seriously think you'll get a decent answer after what you have said and what has been revealed in your previous transaction? Let me tell you I own a Stealth and currently also have a Cary in my possesion, you definitely won't be getting an answer from me. Better try asking another member who might be willing to help you.
mad.gif

Oct 2, 2004 at 1:40 PM Post #12 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpw
Mind sharing why not?
CPW

Guess so.
I have never heard a soul question the integrity or the reputation of Ray or his products. He is generous with his time and help and doesn't deserve to have his standing in this community questioned like that.
If you have a legitimate gripe, either state it or keep it to yourself but to throw that comment out without explanation is IMHO inexcusable.
CPW

Oct 2, 2004 at 2:28 PM Post #13 of 35
Aww I want to swear at moody dragon for being a total loser. But I already had a warning for excessive use of colourful metaphors. Can any headfiers help me out here, dudes.

To be honest I am thinking of getting a ray samuels product but don't know if he produces a 240v version of his amps.

Oct 2, 2004 at 7:04 PM Post #15 of 35
Coming in here and dissin' Ray is like throwin' Santa Claus under the bus. Wonder what kind of reaction he expected? If he's still not sure, let's be succinct.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back