How do people trade gear when not local???
Mar 13, 2003 at 12:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

drewski

100+ Head-Fier
I've only done a trade once for audio equipment- I was the seller, and I had the more expensive item. I told the person that I wanted him to send me his gear (and additional payment) before I would send out my item. I know this wasn't fair, but I had much more feedback on Audiogon than the buyer.

How do the rest of you handle trades? Do you only deal with long time head-fiers? I would find it really tough to send out a pair of $400 cans without payment!
eek.gif

Mar 13, 2003 at 12:54 AM Post #2 of 3
I believe you can post private auctions on eBay (this is good if you both have excellent feedback ratings). That's one way to go about it. And when you have a good transaction (or bad), post in the buyer's/seller's feedback forum here. For bad transactions, be sure to only stick to the facts, just as you would on eBay. But there's no bad transactions here
wink.gif

Mar 14, 2003 at 3:28 AM Post #3 of 3
That's why it's nice to have an eBay or audiogon rating. I would feel a lot more comfortable conducting business with a complete stranger, if they had an eBay rating. (That is, assuming it's good.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back