How do my old Sony MDR-V600 headphones compare to newer cans like Sennhesier HD-595?
Sep 27, 2007 at 12:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

sofakng

New Head-Fier
When I used to work at Circuit City I bought the Sony MDR-V600 headphones and I absolutely loved them.

Sadly, six years or so has passed by and the headphones are literally falling apart.

How do newer headphones, specifically the Sennhesier HD-280 and HD-595 compare to my old Sony MDR-V600?

Will I even be able to tell a difference, or will the difference be night and day?

Sep 27, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #2 of 12
A year ago, I had to resort to using my really old MDR V600s before HD595s came. Boy there's a night and day difference!! The HD595 is much more lively then the MDR V600.

Sep 27, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #3 of 12
Are my old MDR-V600 the same as the MDR-V6's?

Also, speaking of the HD-595, how much can you hear the environment? I was hoping to get closed headphones but it seems like a LOT of people recommend the HD-595 for serious gaming... (under $200)

Sep 27, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by sofakng /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not even close.. I bought the v600s from work last week, and I returned them hearing about how much better the v6s were, and I am not looking back. The v6s have a much much better sounding sound stage, better controlled bass, and smoother overall response imo.. I just got mine in today, and i am happy with it. It is slightly smaller than the 6000s, which is a plus aswell. Hope this helps

Sep 27, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by sofakng /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also, speaking of the HD-595, how much can you hear the environment? I was hoping to get closed headphones but it seems like a LOT of people recommend the HD-595 for serious gaming... (under $200)

The V6 is nice can that was for years the standard in rcordign studios, still many of them use it...the V600 simply sucks...

Sep 27, 2007 at 2:35 AM Post #6 of 12
Wanna buy my old V600? I haven't put it on in almost 3 years.

Sep 27, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wanna buy my old V600? I haven't put it on in almost 3 years.

Double check to make sure the pleather hasn't disintegrated!
wink.gif
icon10.gif
Even though I didn't use my V600s for years.....I was shocked to see that the headband and ear pads had disintegrated.....even sealed in the convenient carrying case
confused.gif
Well that pretty much sealed the deal for them going in the trash. No feeling of guilt even though they were my first "hi end" headphones I bought when I was a kid. My favorite Nike sneakers though......they're still in my closet!!!
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2007 at 3:57 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Double check to make sure the pleather hasn't disintegrated!
wink.gif
icon10.gif
Even though I didn't use my V600s for years.....I was shocked to see that the headband and ear pads had disintegrated.....even sealed in the convenient carrying case
confused.gif
Well that pretty much sealed the deal for them going in the trash. No feeling of guilt even though they were my first "hi end" headphones I bought when I was a kid. My favorite Nike sneakers though......they're still in my closet!!!
biggrin.gif

I actually had them out about 8 months ago and laundered the earpads, thinking i'd try and sell them on ebay.

Call me lazy and/or greedy, but the $25 or so I'm likely to get for them isn't enough to drag me to the post office.

Sep 27, 2007 at 4:07 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

I actually had them out about 8 months ago and laundered the earpads, thinking i'd try and sell them on ebay.

Call me lazy and/or greedy, but the $25 or so I'm likely to get for them isn't enough to drag me to the post office.

a giveaway...?

Sep 27, 2007 at 4:11 AM Post #10 of 12
Yeah. I'll take it off your hands. I'm always open to trying out new stuff.

Sep 27, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #11 of 12
Therein lies the limbo.

If i actually knew you people, sure, but i don't, so, no.

Sep 27, 2007 at 6:30 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Therein lies the limbo.

If i actually knew you people, sure, but i don't, so, no.

Aww... come on, we all know that Head-fi is like a big family, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back