How do Jecklin Float 2s compare to others
Aug 22, 2002 at 11:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Ian Milton

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of Jecklin Floats - they are the only proper pair of headphones I have owned. Has anyone had experience of them and if so how do they compare to other phones available on the market today?

I was under the impression they were bass light and mid forward but now that I am getting into head fi and using them regularly they actually seem pretty thick and boomy in the base. Can this be tightened up with a dedicated headphone amp?

I know they also did an electrostatic version wherein the speaker outputs are used to drive the energiser, any idea how much better they are to the base model?

Any comments welcome.

Ian:

Jun 1, 2003 at 8:00 PM Post #2 of 2
Ian

I had some 2's many years ago........................................ Wish i had never sold them!!

But have just bought a S/H mint pair for £50.00.

What are they like????? Not hard to drive!!! Difficult to keep on your head if you move about!!!

And if you like Vocals to Pink floyd etc you will love them. Ok my HD600's have more bass etc..... but nothing has the organic sound that the 2's produce. And yes an amp is going to be good news.

The electros didnt do it for me at the time......even though I had the money in my pocket!!

be Lucky

Users who are viewing this thread

Back