How do I turn a CD into a Youtube video???
Nov 16, 2013 at 9:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

vipervick

500+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I really like using something free, like Youtube, to preview albums/artists before I buy them. But that being said, there is a huge gap on what is available. I have a lot of older and rare Death/Heavy/Black metal CD's that I'd love to share on Youtube. I have Googled quite a bit and haven't found anything of value.

If you aren't comfortable posting, please feel free to message me.

Nov 18, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #2 of 8
Forget YouTube for discovering new bands. Use Spotify. It will let you listen to full albums ( on your computer ) and do a random shuffle based on a kind of music if you want also. ( this is the only option on mobile devices with out a paid subscription )

As far as posting to YouTube, I think there is some kind of copyright issue in this idea. People that don't care about sound quality will download said video then rip the audio and put our on their phone. This makes you no better then people that pirate material from P2P services.

I don't mean to seem harsh. Just laying it out as it is.

Nov 18, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #3 of 8
1)rip CD to MP3
2)create a movie using windows moviemaker, use MP3 files as audio and put album art as pic. (I am sure there is better tutorials around that tell you how to make a simple slideshow movie.)
3)upload to youtube
4)feel good in sharing something rare and possibly good music
5)lament over act of pirating
6)snap out of 5) with the likes in youtube and knowing you have spread good music

Nov 18, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #5 of 8
Unless you plan on editing, like doing fancy transitions to the next song, one track is good. But even with individual songs, it won't matter. It's just more work to plug in one song at a time.

Nov 18, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #6 of 8
No, just 1 picture for the album. At least until I figure out what I am doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back