how do i stop "CDdeluxe" from auto-running on cd insert?
Mar 10, 2006 at 7:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

familyman

500+ Head-Fier
So here's the problem, whenever i put in a cd, CDdeluxe starts, and plays the cd automatically, even if foobar is open. this only started happening recently.
I've tried deleting the exe, did a search for cddeluxe in the c drive, deleted the files it found, then did a search again and the exe is there again! I tried un-installing it with windows and it didnt show up in the add/remove program menu and system mechanic 6 found it and un-installed it or tried to but it reappears like some david blain ****! and it still auto plays any cd's i put in.
HELP ME PLEASE THIS IS SO ANNOYING!
confused.gif

Mar 10, 2006 at 8:39 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by familyman
So here's the problem, whenever i put in a cd, CDdeluxe starts, and plays the cd automatically, even if foobar is open. this only started happening recently.
I've tried deleting the exe, did a search for cddeluxe in the c drive, deleted the files it found, then did a search again and the exe is there again! I tried un-installing it with windows and it didnt show up in the add/remove program menu and system mechanic 6 found it and un-installed it or tried to but it reappears like some david blain ****! and it still auto plays any cd's i put in.
HELP ME PLEASE THIS IS SO ANNOYING!
confused.gif

Does the app run as a service? Just disable it (services -manager).
On CD properties, disable the autorun option (maybe with some registry tweak).

jiitee

Mar 10, 2006 at 5:21 PM Post #3 of 4
YES! the registry tweak worked!

Thanks jiiteepee!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back