How do I start playing the guitar?
Mar 31, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #16 of 20
XBox 360 + Guitar Hero

Done.

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure the OP means "classical guitar" rather than "classic" guitar, meaning acoustic as opposed to electric. Who knows? OP?

Learning classical guitar will require lessons, and a bit of discipline. Learning acoustic or electric guitar can be done with a helpful friend to show you the very basics, and various internet resources.

I taught myself to play (acoustic) guitar when I was away for a summer. Bought a guitar, friend showed me how to read a chord chart and to play open C and G chords, and I was off. It's do-able. The important thing is to put yourself in a situation where you enjoy practicing.

I still have fairly poor technique though--and it shows when playing fast leads and interesting barre chords. I simply didn't learn the optimal way of placing and moving my fingers, because a chord chart has no information about how to do this.
smile.gif
If I were to do it over again, I'd do exactly the same thing...after all, it was fun learning on my own...and my goal was enjoyment, not ultimate guitar-playing ability!

I mean a classical guitar. Sorry that I wasn't clear.
I'll take a few lessons and I'll buy the book that was recommend in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back