How do I solder this?
May 3, 2013 at 12:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Zacharybinx34

New Head-Fier
So I am finishing my AD 700 mod and I put in two of these 4-pole female connectors into the headphones. 

http://www.kvconnection.com/product-p/km-161-7900.htm

One is for the audio cord and the other is for the detachable boom mic. I have the audio soldered correctly as I tested it, but the mic I must have done wrong because it doesn't work and pics up radio signas!

I searched everywhere and I can't seem to find a guide showing where to connect this 4 pole connector (for the mic) into the other 4-pole connector. 

I realize I only need a 3-pole for the mic, but a 4-pole should work nonetheless. 

thanks! 

May 4, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #6 of 9
ok... so the mic and audio input jacks are picking up sound... but I DON"T HAVE THE MIC PLUGGED IN!!! The jack itself is picking up my voice...

So weird. What is going on rofl? 

EDIT:

So i figured out I had the splitter backwards which is why the headset input was picking up the mic, however, I'm still back to the same problem that I can't get the mic in the mic jack to pick up sound. If I plug it partway in I'm picking up some spanish station (tv/or radio). 

Any ideas?

May 5, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #7 of 9
Ok here is how I have it hooked up now. 

The audio works fine, the mic comes in fine... but this spanish radio station won't go away...

If looking at the TRRS jack positioned in this picture, when touching the button where the cables plug in, the radio station comes in then really really strong - or when touching the boom mic. 

Anyone know how to fix this? 

thanks

May 5, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #8 of 9
How is the boom mic wired with respect to the trrs plug you're using?  I can't say I've ever done what you're doing, but if you have the live wire on the mic attached to the mic pin on both jacks and the mic ground attached to the audio return ground pin it should work.  

May 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #9 of 9
Thanks for the reply, I have the mic and audio working now, however now I have a new problem. 

So I was doing an audio directional test and so here is what's up - my left channel (the side with the work done and where the cable runs in) plays left audio, but then I'm getting distortion into the right channel too. When it does a right speaker test, it only plays audio into the right speaker and NOT the left speaker. 

What would be causing this? I have no idea as I don't see anything that's touching. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back