How do I set up FabFilter Pro Q 3 equalizer?
Nov 23, 2021 at 10:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ThomasWolf

New Head-Fier
I feel totally dumb.

I've seen quite a few people mention this EQ software as being the best in terms of feature set and in terms of sound. So I ended up purchasing it, and after downloading it IDK how to set it up.

Do I pair it with another program, do I copy the downloaded files into another program's folder. How do I set this up and get it running lol? Is there a guide?

Nov 24, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #2 of 5
I never heard people talk about it outside the studio / music production scene, so I don't know what people's intentions were when recommending it - what to pair it with or how to use it. But I can tell you (I am operating a mastering studio facility) that those are VST plug-ins, so you'll either need a DAW (digital audio workstation, such as Reaper, Cubase, FL Studio, ...) or a media player with VST support to apply the effects on the playback. Considering you already run the installer successfully: You'll basically be adding FX to a track you imported before, select your FabFilter Pro Q plug-in, tune it the way you want to, and play it back. Or save the file with the EQ applied. In the end it boils down to a very basic operation of handling VST plug ins.

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #3 of 5
I never heard people talk about it outside the studio / music production scene, so I don't know what people's intentions were when recommending it - what to pair it with or how to use it. But I can tell you (I am operating a mastering studio facility) that those are VST plug-ins, so you'll either need a DAW (digital audio workstation, such as Reaper, Cubase, FL Studio, ...) or a media player with VST support to apply the effects on the playback. Considering you already run the installer successfully: You'll basically be adding FX to a track you imported before, select your FabFilter Pro Q plug-in, tune it the way you want to, and play it back. Or save the file with the EQ applied. In the end it boils down to a very basic operation of handling VST plug ins.

Am I able to set it as a universal system wide EQ for windows?

Nov 26, 2021 at 5:49 AM Post #4 of 5
JRiver Media Software allows you to use VST plugins during playback. For fun, I use Izotope's Ozone 9.
Use JRiver as playback software. And access your EQ software from it. Use JRiver's help program on how to use VST.

8pD5cGK.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back