How do I rip a 2 disc CD as one Album in DB Power Amp?
Jul 23, 2015 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

TheRH

Headphoneus Supremus
How do I rip a 2 disc CD as one Album in DB Power Amp?

Jul 23, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #2 of 8
You just edit the track tags. I use MediaMonkey but I imagine it shouldn't be drastically different with PowerAmp. I rip both discs, then I edit the track numbers first (so it won't create conflicts), so that Disc 2 tracks will start off where Disc 1 left off. Then I batch edit (highlight everything, then right click) the album tag, first deleting the "Disc 1" on the first batch, then deleting the "Disc 2" on the second batch.

Jul 23, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #3 of 8
What player software do you use? That's going to determine, at least partially, how you set up the tags so they appear as one album.

I use JRiver Media Center. In JRMC, you do the following:

1. Set Artist and Album the same for both discs.
2. Set the "Album Artist" field to something if it's a compilation or has different artists "featured" on each track. This is a key step with JRMC and may be for other players too.
3. Set Disc # to 1 for disc 1 and 2 for disc 2. Total discs = 2.
4. Keep individual track numbers as they are. So track 1 on disc #2 should be track 1. JRMC handles this correctly. I would think that most modern software would handle this properly also. Trying to change the track numbers to make them contiguous is a hack in my opinion. It may work, but it's not necessary or correct with good player/library software.

Brian.

Jul 23, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #5 of 8
^ DB Power Amp is a CD ripping and MP3 conversion program. I asked what Player he uses. The reason I asked is because some players make use of tags like Album Artist to help identify "whole" albums with multiple discs.

Brian.

Jul 24, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #6 of 8
^ DB Power Amp is a CD ripping and MP3 conversion program. I asked what Player he uses. The reason I asked is because some players make use of tags like Album Artist to help identify "whole" albums with multiple discs.

Brian.

Missed the "player" in the part I quoted
tongue.gif

Jul 26, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #7 of 8
I figured it out with the help of using disc "1/2" and "2/2" and then edited tags in Media Monkey (Which I use for tagging) and is also my music player. I use ASIO to my audio interface to my KRK's or my IEM's.

Jul 26, 2015 at 2:56 AM Post #8 of 8
Best tag editor is Mp3tag.  I usually automatically set the tags to keep adding on for the second disk, so if the first disc had 13 tracks CD twos tracks will start at 14.  It just makes it more compatible for other devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back