How do I post pictures?
Aug 13, 2008 at 10:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ToneDeath

Head-Fier
I wanted to post pictures of some Mod's, do they need to be a certain size or will the Fourm software do that? Upload, Download, Picture Hosting Web Sites ....... I'ts all kind of confusing. Will someone pease give me a picture uploading lesson or point me in a direction? I was able to load in my Avatar.

Thanks TD

Aug 13, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #2 of 9
I use photobucket.com to host pictures. It's all pretty straightforward once you get the pictures uploaded.

Aug 13, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #3 of 9
You won't be able to upload pics using the forum, but there are a lot of great free sites out there that will host images for you. Photobucket, Imageshack, and Flickr are all very popular sites that are generally pretty easy to use. Imageshack will let you upload photos without having to register, but you'll have to register for Photobucket and Flickr.

Once you have some photos uploaded, to display them on the forum type

Aug 14, 2008 at 1:11 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ToneDeath /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, I was able to post the pic's on Flickr. Now where do I obtain the URL's?

I've never used Flickr but at Photobucket the URL is right beside the picture that you have just uploaded...

Aug 14, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You won't be able to upload pics using the forum, but there are a lot of great free sites out there that will host images for you. Photobucket, Imageshack, and Flickr are all very popular sites that are generally pretty easy to use. Imageshack will let you upload photos without having to register, but you'll have to register for Photobucket and Flickr.

Once you have some photos uploaded, to display them on the forum type

Those sites don't like it when you direct link to the file without their forum code (read:ads). Imageshack for example gives forum code that they want you to use. They are starting to crack down on it too.

You don't have to include their ads, but it is kind of not nice since they are providing a free service. Also, if you play by their rules your image is likely to be up longer.

Aug 14, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #9 of 9
1. Upload the picture to an online host.
2. Link to the picture:
Code:

Code:
[left][img]full_link_to_image.jpg[/img][/left]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back