How do I hook up the BOSS SP-202 to my Behringer UCA202?
Feb 7, 2015 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

NilsOlav

Head-Fier
See thread title. I have a pair of KEF Q300s connected to an amp and then my PC through a Behringer UCA202. How do I integrate The Boss SP-202 into my system? It's a sampler used for producing music. Here is a diagram from the instruction manual:

I understand that I'll need some standard RCA cables...but how exactly do I hook it up? I see an input and an output...but the Behringer UCA202 is where the source of my music (my computer) and also my speakers as well are already connected. Do I just need RCA cables to go from the output of the sampler to the inputs of the UCA202?

Feb 11, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #3 of 11
What are you trying to do? Are trying to sample music *from* your PC, or are you sampling from other sources and sending the results *to* your PC? Or both?

Feb 11, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #4 of 11
What are you trying to do? Are trying to sample music *from* your PC, or are you sampling from other sources and sending the results *to* your PC? Or both?

My goal is to just sample from my PC for now, taking snippets and messing with them on the sampler, then putting them back on the PC to use in music composing software.

Feb 11, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #5 of 11
Line out from the Boss to line in on the UCA202. Line out on the UCA202 to line in on the Boss. USB from UCA202 to the PC.

In Windows, make sure both the playback device and the recording device are both set to the UCA202.

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #6 of 11
Line out from the Boss to line in on the UCA202. Line out on the UCA202 to line in on the Boss. USB from UCA202 to the PC.

In Windows, make sure both the playback device and the recording device are both set to the UCA202.

Hmmm. I have been using line out from the UCA202 as a DAC to hook my speakers to my computer. So, I guess I will need to get an alternate DAC for my speakers, or just get another UCA202. Is an expensive USB DAC worth getting to improve the sound of my speakers? Or do you guys think its not worth it and I should just get a another UCA202? Might pick up a Cambridge DacMagic 100  if you guys think its worth it.

Feb 11, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #7 of 11
Under Windows, you can only have one playback device active. So, you can't have two USB DACs active at the same time for playback. You can use one DAC for input and a different DAC for output.

Feb 11, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #8 of 11
Hmmm....well, this might be a long shot, but I noticed I have 2 open output RCA slots on the back of my amplifier. Could I use those and the open input RCA slots on my UCA202?

Other than that, I guess I could go back to hooking my speakers up without a DAC via the 3.5mm jack like I used to, then use the UCA202 just for my sampler...would there be any other way I could still connect my speakers to a DAC and also hook the sampler up to my PC?

Feb 17, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #10 of 11
Can someone direct me to a different sub forum that can answer this if nobody here can?

I suppose I could just plug my speakers back into my computer via the 3.5mm connection, but even with the cheap DAC that is the UCA202, I notice significant improvement in sound. Is there any way I can still connect my speakers via a DAC, and the sampler too?

Feb 17, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #11 of 11
You could try the pro audio guys over at: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/

I still believe your best configuration is to use the UCA-202 as the only connection to your PC (or use a different interface such as a Focusrite Scarlett). Whatever you do with input or output needs to be downstream of the DA/AD interface attached to your PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back