How do I get the output power of DAC from these numbers?
Mar 7, 2024 at 3:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

alexk0il

New Head-Fier
Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 6:15 PM Post #2 of 3
I don't know anything about that player, but for your maths I suspect it is close to correct, just that the voltage is the root mean square as given, so I think you need to add a factor of sqrt2 (~1.4) there for the regular equation, so rather:

( (1.94*1.4)^2 )/ (32+1.8) ~210 mW, for 32 ohm headphones, but that impedance is an assumption here. I have no idea where those three different numbers came from, if those are for different impedance connections, if there are different gain settings somewhere, if it is unbalanced/balanced jacks with different power feeds etc.

Mar 9, 2024 at 7:43 PM Post #3 of 3
I don't know anything about that player, but for your maths I suspect it is close to correct, just that the voltage is the root mean square as given, so I think you need to add a factor of sqrt2 (~1.4) there for the regular equation, so rather:

( (1.94*1.4)^2 )/ (32+1.8) ~210 mW, for 32 ohm headphones, but that impedance is an assumption here. I have no idea where those three different numbers came from, if those are for different impedance connections, if there are different gain settings somewhere, if it is unbalanced/balanced jacks with different power feeds etc.

Thanks, you are right, of course. I missed the Vrms, so sqrt(2) is a must. The three numbers correspond to different gains. The last one is for the "max gain".

Anyway, found specs for the SABRE9602C amp. The max output is 49 mW into 32 Ohm. 2Vrms were specified for 600 Ohm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back