How do I get superglue off my...
May 29, 2006 at 3:23 PM Post #16 of 25
I am quite sure almost all of those things will ruin his plastic glasses, wont they?

May 29, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #19 of 25
I build r/c airplanes and superglue is used quite a lot
biggrin.gif
. Its always fun when you glue yourself to a wing or something. Cyanoacrylate debonder will work, and is the safest way of unglueing any unfortunate joints.

[edit] Since its has dried onto a very smooth surface you could also try scraping it off with a fingernail or slightly sharp edge.

May 29, 2006 at 10:12 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach
[edit] Since its has dried onto a very smooth surface you could also try scraping it off with a fingernail or slightly sharp edge.

Scraping it off would probably be a bad idea, seeing that the coating would probably come off with the super glue, yes?
tongue.gif

May 29, 2006 at 10:19 PM Post #21 of 25
Wow, the title of this thread had my mind going in a totally different direction. After reading the thread I'm kind of dissappointed. I thought it would be funnier!!
biggrin.gif

May 29, 2006 at 11:02 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by gordolindsay
Wow, the title of this thread had my mind going in a totally different direction. After reading the thread I'm kind of dissappointed. I thought it would be funnier!!
biggrin.gif

sorry next time I superglue my glasses to my ear and my hand to my nose I'll be sure to post.
icon10.gif

May 29, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #24 of 25
A generous helping of Trifluoromethanesulfonic acid shoudl do the trick, just try not to get it in your eyes.

May 29, 2006 at 11:41 PM Post #25 of 25
meh. I've removed superglue / epoxy in a few ways .. (dont ask)

1. Plastic solvent - works beatifully, but usually eats away the plastic that the superglue was glued onto.. uhm. yeah. probably not the best of ideas

2. Carb cleaner - works pretty well, with scotch-brite and this stuff. it comes off..

3. WD40/Liquid Wrentch - works. just gets everything really slippery and smells like crap... also it involves alot of scrubbing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back