How do I get superglue off my...
May 29, 2006 at 4:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

jumpinjohn1234

500+ Head-Fier
Well I somehow got supper glue on my fingers and when I touched my glasses, some glue got onto my lense. I've tried acohol and nail polish remover. I cant think of any other ways to get the glue off my lense. Any ideas.

thanks

May 29, 2006 at 4:12 AM Post #2 of 25
From what I've heard it's the moisture on your skin that speeds up the "stickiness" of the super glue. And since our bodies are mainly comprised of water, you should just cut your finger off, it's a lost cause man.

But seriously, every time I've gotten super glue on my fingers I've just waited it out.

May 29, 2006 at 4:17 AM Post #4 of 25
-1 for not comprehending the post, sorry
mad.gif
That lies out of my areas of expertise...

May 29, 2006 at 4:21 AM Post #5 of 25
acetone nail polish remover is your best bet, if they are glass lenses you might be able to get it off. if they are plastic then you have to be really careful, as nail polish remover might cloud them up. superglue is a real b*tch to get off, chances are you wil need new lenses.

now as for your finger, that is real easy. Take a nail file and just run it over the super glue slowly. Don't worry, the skin wont come off.

May 29, 2006 at 4:33 AM Post #6 of 25
Thanks, I've gotten SOME off my lenese with nail polish. Spent about 30 mins rubbing. My frames are plastic and they've pretty much fogged up from the nail polish. I'm more concerned about the lense though, I think I'll soak them over night and see how that goes.

May 29, 2006 at 6:12 AM Post #9 of 25
Isn't there a superglue remover made by the same people who make superglue? Like...this?

May 29, 2006 at 7:05 AM Post #11 of 25
If you have access to xylene, that will do it.

May 29, 2006 at 3:18 PM Post #15 of 25
Some of these things would probably ruin the coating on your glasses. I always thought super glue was water soluble to some extent. Maybe try letting them sit in water overnight?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back