How do i get rid of those stupid annoying UE900 memory wires??? (Tutorial with pics)
May 14, 2013 at 1:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jay19

100+ Head-Fier
Having used my Shure SE530 for years and finally upgrading to the Asia red Special Editions, I got the opportunity to try swapping out the original cables. Found the perfect cable (lightweight, thin, good sound stage, and no micro phonics) in the UE900 cables but absolutely HATE the memory wires. 

Well, finally decided to experiment and hav prepared a mini tutorial for anyone who's interested. Only tool you need is a razor blade/x-acto knife.

1. On the connector, carefully slice the memory wire as close as possible to the black connector.
2. At the base of the memory wire, carefully slice vertically down the tape, this should cut rather easily. Remove tape
3. Cut vertically along the clear memory wire so that u can remove it from the cable.
4. Surprise! Theres a thin metal wire underneath that helps the memory wire keep its shape. You need to use your finger nails if you hav any, or a wrench if not, to carefully remove the gold clip that is holding the metal wire to the cables.
5.In the black audio only cable, the metal rod just falls right out after. On the blue mic version it is a bit more difficult as you need to use a pair of scissors to cut the metal wire from the black connector end.
6. Enjoy your now memory-wire free cable!

If any of those steps arent clear feel free to ask and i'll try to clarify. Hopefully this will be helpful to someone.

Cheers

Jun 10, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
where did you buy the cable from?

http://buy.logitech.com/store/logib2c/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryid.60213000?resid=UbYWlQoBAlkAAG1zqMwAAAAx&rests=1370887829723

Users who are viewing this thread

Back