How do I get my "xxx+ Member" status changed?
Mar 15, 2006 at 5:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

mektarus

500+ Head-Fier
I know it's petty, but I celebrated my 500th post recently but my status still says "100+ Member". Does a moderator have to change this or will it change on it's own eventually?

Mar 15, 2006 at 5:59 PM Post #2 of 18
Because you became a contributor before the recent changes your title (100+ member) won't change unless a mod/admin changes it.

I dunno it's kinda neat.
biggrin.gif

Best,

-Jason

Mar 15, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #5 of 18
Just a bit of extra info in the matter: The count "title" used to be automatically adjusted by vBulletin, but something was changed in an update of the software and the admin (Jude) had to manually change it after that. Since this forum has been virtually exploding in the numbers of members since the start, it is practically impossible for him to keep up. So, I think most members have got used to the fact that one can be both HS, have a 5000+ count and still it could theoretically say just "member", if, you got a contributor the first thing you did when registering.

To me the most important thing is to be a contributor: Thus, IMO, get your name in bald type face.
icon10.gif

The personal “titles” are a different story. I read Jude played around with the software at the start of the forum to see how many letters he could fit in in the space under the usernames of the first few members. The most hilarious titles became the result, and the funniest thing is that he didn’t change most of them over time.
600smile.gif
Nowadays, he apparently, adds very very few personal titles.

Mar 16, 2006 at 4:29 AM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glod
Nowadays, he apparently, adds very very few personal titles.

He should give out one every now and then, just so he doesn't get rusty.

Mar 16, 2006 at 6:24 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
He should give out one every now and then, just so he doesn't get rusty.

Someone should create a thread where people can toss in ideas for themselves or others.
tongue.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 6:26 AM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
Someone should create a thread where people can toss in ideas for themselves or others.
tongue.gif

we actually tried that . . it doesn't work. He only gives it to ya if you dun see it coming.

Mar 16, 2006 at 6:38 AM Post #9 of 18
i like the one that says "Makes high quality cables using some "clear tape" and some "not so clear tape""
Man i laughed when i read that one
tongue.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 10:57 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by familyman
i like the one that says "Makes high quality cables using some "clear tape" and some "not so clear tape""
Man i laughed when i read that one
tongue.gif

o, the irony
eggosmile.gif

Mar 17, 2006 at 3:24 PM Post #12 of 18
Just for the completeness of the information. If you have got a customized, personal, title, it too will prevent vBulletin to automatically adjust the count status.

Mar 17, 2006 at 3:53 PM Post #13 of 18
...to get your "xxx+" member status changed you first dial 1-900-555-5555. The lady with the sultry voice will come on and you'll have to give her your credit card number... She can then upgrade your membership from "xxx+" to "xxx++" or "XXX Platinum."
very_evil_smiley.gif

...sorry, couldn't resist.
biggrin.gif
Please carry on...

Mar 17, 2006 at 8:10 PM Post #15 of 18
i don't know any other member who ended up getting TWO custom titles... i guess you'd have to make a pretty big arse of yourself twice to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back