How do I get line out of the AV-710 to work?
Sep 25, 2004 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Fishing

Head-Fier
Hi,

I just got my Chaintech AV-710 today and after following Mr. Radar's setup guide, I'm still having problems with it. My problem is that I can't hear anything from my line out. However I can hear something when I plug into the very last output of the card (the the black output).

I'm trying to plug into the green jack of my card that says Line Out under it. Is that what I should be doing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sep 25, 2004 at 5:26 AM Post #2 of 5
Well, assuming you have enabled High Sample Rate, it should be the jack right next to the optical line out (one with black plastic to cover it). Also make sure you don't have wave and other inputs muted in the mixer.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 25, 2004 at 3:25 PM Post #3 of 5
The AV-710 actually has two line-outs. One is the low quality 16/48 VIA 1616 AC'97 CODEC on the front out/line out connector and the other is the high quality 24/96 Wolfson DAC on the alt out connector. In the high sample rate mode you need to use the one on the alt out connector.

Sep 25, 2004 at 7:17 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks guys.

I guess it's been working all along. I just kept plugging into my green output since it says "line out" on it.

I have a SB live value plugged in as well and it sounds like crap compared to the av-710. I was really surprised at what a difference the chaintech makes. It's really worth 42 bux Cdn.

Sep 25, 2004 at 8:15 PM Post #5 of 5
I came from the same boat as you are...
I quickly sold off my Live 5.1!!
smily_headphones1.gif
Glad you got it straightened out! Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back