how do I downgrade from paypal premier to personal account?
Jun 26, 2006 at 12:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

evil-zen

100+ Head-Fier
While i was trying to find out the cost of upgrading from personal to premier account, I was clicking around in paypal. 2 mins later, I realised I was suddenly upgraded to premier without any much of a confirmation. 20 mins later, I haven't found out how to downgrade. I click around but it all ended up in the Help section.

So can anyone assist me?

Jun 26, 2006 at 12:56 PM Post #2 of 11
What is the difference in services and costs?
confused.gif

Jun 26, 2006 at 1:07 PM Post #4 of 11
Premier account allows you to receive credit card paypment but you need to pay 3%? I'm not sure if 3% applies to both credit card and bank payments. Can anyone confirm?

Jun 26, 2006 at 3:42 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by evil-zen
Premier account allows you to receive credit card paypment but you need to pay 3%? I'm not sure if 3% applies to both credit card and bank payments. Can anyone confirm?

Its on everything, unfortunatly. Why you think they make it so easy to upgrade?

Jun 26, 2006 at 3:57 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by evil-zen
So there's no way to downgrade at all?? Man, paypal is a greedy POS.

Yes they are, plus they send you emails all the time asking you to upgrade. What a pain!

Jun 26, 2006 at 4:12 PM Post #8 of 11
Perhaps find a way to close the account and recreate another?

I have two accounts myself....one upgrades for CC funds and another standard account for non CC funds. It works great, but you need two bank accounts such as a savings and a checking or two checking accounts. Saves alot of trouble when you don't have to ask people to cover teh 3% paypal fees
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 26, 2006 at 4:24 PM Post #9 of 11
I have a premier account. Paypal takes that 3% out of every payment you get. Sucks.

I usually include the Paypal fee in my price anyway.

IDK if there's anyway to downgrade. I upgraded back in the day bc I was under the impression you couldn't accept CC payments without a Premier account.

Jun 26, 2006 at 4:29 PM Post #10 of 11
lumanogin I upgraded back in the day bc I was under the impression you couldn't accept CC payments without a Premier account.[/QUOTE said:
You can not..you are coirrect, but is why I am not a premier member yet.
eek.gif

Jun 26, 2006 at 7:08 PM Post #11 of 11
Don't even bother. Three deals from now someone will want to pay you with a credit card. My mother downgraded hers. It took multiple emails and phone calls. They don't make it easy. Are you making a lot of paypal transaction? Large amounts of money? My recomendation is forget about it and just absorb the 3 percent. It's not worth the headache trying to downgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back