How do I convert...
Jun 19, 2007 at 6:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Zacorias

Head-Fier
This might be the wrong section to post this question, but here it goes anyways.

What is the easiest way to convert my AACs from Itunes into Mp3s or another common format?
What is the easiest way to convert my Protected AACs and Protected Mpeg-4 files from Itunes into a non protected format?

(this is my pay back for using iTunes when I didnt know what I was getting into
rolleyes.gif
)

thanks
biggrin.gif

Jun 19, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #2 of 5
First off for any protected AAC/MPEG4 files you may have that means you purchased them off the itunes site and they can't be converted to any form. Doing so would mean having to bypass the security in place-hard to do and illegal.

As for normal AACs there are numerous programs that can interconvert file types. If you have any sort of audio editor or manager (doubtful it sounds but maybe!) you usually can specify file type you save under and you could use that. Its the form I do from time to time. If you dont there are again several places to find file converters one I found with a quick search http://www.mystikmedia.com/audiocommander.asp

However you have to buy it so it depends on how many files you have under AAC, and I have no idea about how good it is. If its 10 your better off perhaps re-ripping the CDs you got them from or buying again from somewhere. If you have hundreds of songs under AAC then it may all of a sudden make it worth the bit of cash for it or a similar program. =D I would suggest doing more reasearch on a few though~Cheers

Jun 19, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #3 of 5
As it turns out after I got done downloading the player foobar2000 you can take AAC files and convert them to something such as WAV and few other file types. Perhaps that helps a bit more, and the good news is that foobar is free. Now time to play around with the program for a bit

Jun 20, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #4 of 5
i-tines used to let you burn the purchased ACCs to disk for back-up this should convert them automatically. Then just re-import them , not sure they still allow this though....

Jun 20, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #5 of 5
dbpoweramp is a nice program, it even utilizes multiple cores and makes 2 conversions at a time in case of a dual-core cpu. I used it to convert some flac files to alac and I recommend it highly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back