How do I connect Chromecast to laptop on my network for TIDAL?
Jun 26, 2018 at 6:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Lemieux66

100+ Head-Fier
As above, I'm trying to play Tidal from my laptop to my Chromecast with the MQA Masters audio which I have playing right now on the laptop's own speakers.

I don't know how to send audio from the laptop to the Chromecast - anyone know how?

Thanks.

Jun 26, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #3 of 5
Not sure if it applies to Tidal, but Spotify's desktop app cannot connect to the CCA directly. I need to connect with my phone app first. Once connected, I can control the CCA via the desktop app.

Jun 26, 2018 at 7:11 AM Post #4 of 5
Not sure if it applies to Tidal, but Spotify's desktop app cannot connect to the CCA directly. I need to connect with my phone app first. Once connected, I can control the CCA via the desktop app.

Not quite sure if I understand what you mean, but I've been using my phone with the CCA for a while now. Maybe there's an option in the Google Home app I can find that will work?

Jun 26, 2018 at 7:18 AM Post #5 of 5
Not quite sure if I understand what you mean, but I've been using my phone with the CCA for a while now. Maybe there's an option in the Google Home app I can find that will work?
The Spotify desktop app cannot initiate the Spotify connection, but can control an established connection.

I need my phone's Spotify app to initiate the connection.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/De...cast-from-Windows-Desktop-Client/td-p/1220450

Like I said, I'm not sure if this also applies to Tidal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back