How do I connect a amp with RCA cables to my PC if it doesn't have RCA outputs?
Jun 29, 2015 at 2:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Thenewguy007

Headphoneus Supremus
Bought a Schiit Amp & want to use it on my PC.
I have a few  red & white cables laying around so I can connect them to the back of the Schiit amp, but there are no white & red inputs on the back of my PC.
I also have a RCA to 3.5mm cable jack adapter  http://variableghz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/rcato35mm.jpg  & used that to plug the cables & then plug that into my PC headphone jack.
This is what the back of my PC looks like:

That works, But I get very distinct background noise/static when I up the volume on the Schiit amp even by a little & nothing is playing.

Is it that normal or is that the fault of the cheap cables or the fault of the headphone jack adapter.

How do I properly use the Schiit amp on my PC, what do I need to buy?

Also where would I connect the RCA cables to my TV if I want to use the headphones with a HDMI connected device like a PS4?

Jun 29, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #3 of 4
  Bought a Schiit Amp & want to use it on my PC.
I have a few  red & white cables laying around so I can connect them to the back of the Schiit amp, but there are no white & red inputs on the back of my PC.
I also have a RCA to 3.5mm cable jack adapter  http://variableghz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/rcato35mm.jpg  & used that to plug the cables & then plug that into my PC headphone jack.

That works, But I get very distinct background noise/static when I up the volume on the Schiit amp even by a little & nothing is playing.

Is it that normal or is that the fault of the cheap cables or the fault of the headphone jack adapter.

It could be faulty cables or it could also be some kind of issue in your PC hardware. The only way to test is to try another cable.

You can always just get a DAC. Get the Modi2 Uber, so in case USB doesn't work properly, you still have the optical output. That bypasses the audio processing circuit in your mobo. If this is a red motherboard with virtual surround, using SPDIF means you run the signal through the DSP first, so you still get surround simulation.

It's the one on the right labelled "SPDIF OUT."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back