How do I compress my flac files to ogg?
Jul 10, 2005 at 8:45 PM Post #4 of 13
you can also use foobar for transcoding

Jul 10, 2005 at 11:10 PM Post #6 of 13
Jul 11, 2005 at 4:44 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by stefan
I've used foobar, frontah or DBpoweramp.... all are freeware, and work well, slight preference going to foobar.

I'm just investigating the same thing. What gives foobar the slight edge in your book?

Is there any way to automate the process:

CD => .wav => .flac => .ogg

So that you delete the .wav and maintain the .flac and .ogg files?

It would also be helpful to generate a cue sheet. Seems like you have to do this in steps:

CD => .flac via EAC
Create cue sheet via EAC
Convert .flac to .ogg

Any other solutions?

I have been using EAC to create the FLAC and foobar to create the Ogg file.

Jul 17, 2005 at 4:46 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen
I'm just investigating the same thing. What gives foobar the slight edge in your book?

It would also be helpful to generate a cue sheet. Seems like you have to do this in steps:

CD => .flac via EAC
Create cue sheet via EAC
Convert .flac to .ogg

I think that there is a plugin for foobar that uses EAC for ripping, although it may be experimental, which might make it possible to do all in one or two steps and at least just one program. As for cue sheets I think that if you embed the cue in the .flac metadata(which I'm pretty sure you can do) foobar might pass the cue sheet to the .ogg's when you convert, but I'm not sure.

Jul 17, 2005 at 6:38 PM Post #11 of 13
Don't forget the MONKEY

MediaMonkey that is. I absolutely love this program for ripping, converting, cataloging, tagging, and synching all my digital media with my portable.

Jul 17, 2005 at 10:48 PM Post #12 of 13
MediaMonkey looks good but it doesn't convert to FLAC or some other losses format. So, it would still require some other program after you rip to .wav from cd.

Jul 18, 2005 at 8:33 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen

You might try MAREO it allows for multiple encoding apps to run after an EAC rip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back