How do e2c users like the Soft Flex Sleeves on it?
May 8, 2005 at 9:31 PM Post #2 of 17
The E2c were unusable for me until I got the Ultra soft flex sleeves.........I find them VERY comfortable.
biggrin.gif

May 8, 2005 at 10:14 PM Post #3 of 17
I find the clear flex sleeves much more comfortable, but many people find the ultra-softies better. If you're unhappy with the old ones, definitely try the new ones. If you like the clear flex sleeves, then stick with them.

May 8, 2005 at 10:18 PM Post #4 of 17
I like the foam inserts, I can even fall asleep on my side and I dont feel them in my ears. they are pretty comfy

May 8, 2005 at 10:38 PM Post #5 of 17
I like the clear and softs, IMHO the softs are slightly more comfey as they exert less pressure on the ear. both seel incredibly well, but dont isolate quite as well as foamies. Of the 3 the foamies isolate most followed by clear, and the softs isolate the least.

May 8, 2005 at 10:45 PM Post #6 of 17
I just got the softies a few weeks ago. I could not use the E2c's with the regular clear flex sleaves for long periods of time. The softies are great, I can even sleep with them. I'd have to agree, if you don't like the clear flex sleaves try the softies.....
etysmile.gif

May 9, 2005 at 12:41 AM Post #7 of 17
The ultrasofts are the most comfortable and quickest to insert and remove IMO, but I think all of them are comfy. The foam ones just feel like ear plugs (not ear buds). I don't like the sound though out of the flexes or the ultraflexs. I can't get a good enough seal, so it sounds thin to me. I prefer the foamies because of the isolation and sound quality.

May 9, 2005 at 12:48 AM Post #8 of 17
They flat out rock! For me, the clears barely fit, so it's hard to get a good seal (granted, once you do, they're great), and they're also quite uncomfortable. The softs remind me of a cross between the really comfortable EX71's and the great-isolating clear ones. They have the isolation of the clears and the comfort of the EX71's. Granted, they're not as comfy as the EX71's or as isolating as the clears, but the result is simply IDEAL.

May 9, 2005 at 1:44 AM Post #9 of 17
I could only use the foams until I got some ultra-softs. Oddly enough, now that I've been using the ultra softs for a while the clears dont seem as bad and painful as they used to and I can actually bear to use them...

May 9, 2005 at 1:55 AM Post #10 of 17
Well I use the foamies myself, I just cant use the clear flex ones, they wont stay in my ear like i would like them to. I love the foamies i just thought that the soft flex ones might be easier to put in my ear but still stay in and isolate well. Anyone happen to know if they sell the soft flex ones at electronics store i have only seen them online. And I also never realized how many people have e2c's here.
icon10.gif

May 9, 2005 at 2:27 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonman111
Well I use the foamies myself, I just cant use the clear flex ones, they wont stay in my ear like i would like them to. I love the foamies i just thought that the soft flex ones might be easier to put in my ear but still stay in and isolate well. Anyone happen to know if they sell the soft flex ones at electronics store i have only seen them online. And I also never realized how many people have e2c's here.
icon10.gif

I just called Shure and ordered them. They arrived within the week.
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2005 at 3:41 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01
The ultrasofts are the most comfortable and quickest to insert and remove IMO, but I think all of them are comfy. The foam ones just feel like ear plugs (not ear buds). I don't like the sound though out of the flexes or the ultraflexs. I can't get a good enough seal, so it sounds thin to me. I prefer the foamies because of the isolation and sound quality.

I totally agree with you. The ultrasofts are very comfortable but I can't get a good seal with them so they end up sounding thin. I have both the medium and small ultrasofts. I'll experiment with them more but for now the foamies are still the best for isolation and sound, even though they're a bit of a hassle.

May 9, 2005 at 4:03 AM Post #13 of 17
I like mine, and I get a good seal with the small ultrasoft sleeves. More microphonic than foamies, but worth it to me. I never could use the regular flex sleeves.

May 9, 2005 at 9:04 PM Post #14 of 17
Id like to add that with the soft sleeves I can open/close my mouth without it pressurizing my eardrum... cool..Much improved over the OEM sillicone tips.

Garrett

May 9, 2005 at 10:44 PM Post #15 of 17
I would just like to tell everyone that comes to this thread about the idea this other guy has about a mod of the foamies/ultra soft flex sleeves. It looks pretty awesome and to me it looks like it would work great. The thread is on this page for right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back