How do DACs/DAPs make a significant difference in sound quality?
Nov 6, 2015 at 11:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

LunaTikEDM

100+ Head-Fier
Sorry if this is the wrong forum but I was wondering if DACs/DAPs have a significant difference in sound quality? If so, how do the components work to produce a better sound? Also, what differences would I be hearing? (e.g. detail/clarity/balance?) Thanks!

Nov 7, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #2 of 4
Sorry if this is the wrong forum but I was wondering if DACs/DAPs have a significant difference in sound quality? If so, how do the components work to produce a better sound? Also, what differences would I be hearing? (e.g. detail/clarity/balance?) Thanks!

Each one of them have their own unique mix of electronic components and circuit designs.

Generally, some designs would be better put together than others. Not every designer would have the same skill as another. Some designs have components selected to produce better cost to consumers at the expense of some quality, some would be money-no-object creations. Its a crazy world out there. They'd sound differently in terms of everything - detail, clarity, balance, whatever parameter you can think of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back