How did you make your home more comfortable?
Jun 22, 2007 at 12:36 PM Post #32 of 40
As others have said, get a nice bed. The mattress is the most important, I favor King Koil as they make excellent mattresses for less than Sealy, etc. since they don't spend money on advertising and marketing. Make sure to get one with the foam top (not necessarily pillowtop per se). The high end ones 14"-15" mattresses will have the big divots and it's like floating on clouds.

Size matters, so get a queen sized bed!

I'm personally not a fan of box springs. Just put the mattress on a nice platform bed. Make sure the bed is very sturdy and solid and does not shift or make any noise.

Along with the comfortable bed idea is to use quality sheets (600 thread count and up "Sateen" will be softer).

Get a nice and soft duvet and cover. The duvet can either be down or high quality synthetic down microfiber.

Get high quality pillows, again either down or high quality synthetic. Also get some shams so you can have at least 4 pillows...so you have a nest in your bed.

Otherwise the general rule I live by is to buy the highest quality items that I can afford when it matters (not necessarily the most expensive), and buy only what you need so I'm not just buying a bunch of crap all the time and cluttering up my space.

Jun 22, 2007 at 2:14 PM Post #33 of 40
I used to have a recliner. It took up too much space and cluttered up the room. Now all I have is a couch loveseat set. They are deep enough to lay on comfortably and have cushy arm rests. Combined with a large strudy coffee table I find this to be much better than a recliner. I throw a pillow on the coffe table to rest my feet on, and I have actually slept rather well in that position. I sleep on the couch or love seat as often as I do in the bed. It all depends on my mood, or if I have a guest for the night.
wink.gif

Jun 22, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

I throw a pillow on the coffe table to rest my feet on, and I have actually slept rather well in that position.

LOL I do that, too. We have an oversized chair with an ottoman, but I am always on the couch. It is important to get a couch that is really comfortable. I also like to be able to remove the back pillows and have tons of room to nap on it.

Jun 22, 2007 at 6:46 PM Post #36 of 40
Comfortable chairs
Plenty of pillows to go around (to lean on)
A nice speaker system on each floor for gatherings (music in the background)
Some nice art work (art glass looks really nice) (paintings and more)
A floor (of the house) without tvs (they just get annoying to look at...)

Jun 23, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've lived in many homes. My secret is to give my wife complete control and a blank check.

This is a wise man.

Jun 23, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #38 of 40
Wall-to-wall carpet.

California king-sized bed.

Central heat with a whole-house humidifier.

Wireless internet and a wireless laptop for each person in the house.

*2* HDTVs in different rooms so no one fights over programs.

My office with stereo and computers at the other end of the house from the living room with my wife and her TV.

Reverse osmosis water purifier.

Knocked out the master bedroom tub and installed a walk-in shower.

A pub table in the living room to watch TV while we eat.

Tons of bookshelves to hold all of our books.

Tell the wife no matter how much weight she gains I'm still gonna jump her bones on Saturday morning.

That's a comfy house.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 23, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #39 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is a wise man.

Nuh uh! There are two choices. Share everything even-steven and each have your own expendable cash flow for your self-fulfilling purchases, or...

Everything is yours and you have complete control over her spending and buy anything that you want.

Blank check to your significant other is not an option!
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back