How did you get started with high end headphones?
Jul 25, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #136 of 142
^Welcome to head-fi, Sorry about your wallet!
biggrin.gif

Friendly suggestion: linger here at your own risk

Jul 28, 2008 at 9:17 AM Post #137 of 142
i went through many cheaper-than-crap chinese cans when 12 years old, these things are like plague here
bought the sony mdr 100 2 years ago, then they broke after 5 months, went for the creative ep 630 then the beyer dtx 900 only 3 months later
bought the hd 495 + xmod 4 months ago, and for the first time ever have i heard such thing in my life
biggrin.gif

only knew this evil site 2 months ago, and it finally makes me dying for a ld mk 3 and the akg 701 now

Nov 26, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #138 of 142
Before collecting all these high end equipments, I was a big fan of entry level IEMs, ie. the er6i and the E2C. But once I decided to give the E5C a shot(a HUGE upgrade), there was no turning back.... get ready to empty your wallet in headfi!~ cheers

Nov 26, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #139 of 142
I'm too cheap for high end, unless you consider high end to be a MDR-V6 and the JVC Ear Cushions.
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, I would feel awful if I bought expensive headphones and promptly broke them. I break things a lot, unfortunately.

I found head-fi and got into "higher" end stuff.

Nov 26, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #140 of 142
I needed an alternative to playing video games with the sound down for late night or early morning gaming sessions while my girlfriend was sleeping. I like to do a lot of research before purchasing anything, so if I was going to buy a pair a headphones, I wanted them to be good ones.

The research started and eventually I made it here to Head-Fi. What started as a quest for simple gaming use has evolved into something much bigger. I am appreciating my music at totally different levels now and in fact, use my cans for music listening more often than anything else.

Nov 26, 2008 at 3:59 AM Post #141 of 142
I'm not even started with the high end stuff yet.. i'm still low- mid range..

Nov 26, 2008 at 7:00 AM Post #142 of 142
I was browsing hardforum and came across a thread in the computer audio subforum. The poster had mentioned how great his DT 770 Pro and linked a head-fi thread. At first, I thought these guys were nuts, buying $100+ headphones and amps. Then I got sucked in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back