How did the SinglePower story end?
Oct 22, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #2 of 8
I'm not aware that anyone got their money back.  The value of SinglePower amps on the used market cratered such that even repaired SP amps that were safe were almost impossible to sell. Everyone who owned one lost money.

So, it ended badly.

Oct 22, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #3 of 8
Correct you are, however my properly fixed/working MPX3 SE Slam sounds darn good and better than just about any amp out there. So no need to sell it as long as I enjoy it, when it breaks a boat anchor it becomes. :wink:

Oct 23, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #4 of 8
Miguel and I are in sort of the same boat.  My amp wasn't defective.  However, I did add bleeder caps and disabled the high-power switch.  However, we have a very common experience with the music these babies make and I am not selling mine either.  So, we are a couple of people for whom the story ended well. For most, it ended badly.  It ended badly for Mikhail as well.  

Nov 6, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #7 of 8
i ordered a custom MPX3 and its working great.
I got it when they were still upcoming and were paying a lot of attention to parts selection and build quality.
had it checked out recently and its still working great.

a pity that the singlepower reputation went down the drain as they did design and built some impressive amps. my guess is that the majority of the early adopters got good sets, and a number at the end never got their amps, or got some poor quality amps in return for their monies,

good thing about custom tube stuff is that you can always open it up and fix or improve it where needed.

Nov 7, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #8 of 8
I run two SP Extremes and one PPX3-6SN7 checked and modified and they sound wonderful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back