How did I get a pair of Super.fi 3 for $64?
Dec 20, 2008 at 1:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Aiyah

Head-Fier
My brother just bought me a ER6i. I have a pair of Super.fi 3s. I wanted to check how each one cost. The funny thing is I can't find a super.fi 3 for as low as a price I payed a year ago. I paid $64 then but now the cheapest ones I can find are $90.

Is it possible that I bought fake super.fi 3s or was there some sort of sale awhile back that I forgot about? It's really puzzling me!
confused_face(1).gif

Dec 20, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #2 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aiyah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My brother just bought me a ER6i. I have a pair of Super.fi 3s. I wanted to check how each one cost. The funny thing is I can't find a super.fi 3 for as low as a price I payed a year ago. I paid $64 then but now the cheapest ones I can find are $90.

Is it possible that I bought fake super.fi 3s or was there some sort of sale awhile back that I forgot about? It's really puzzling me!
confused_face(1).gif

If you bought red ones then they are legitimate. They used to be specially made for Radioshack. I bought a pair myself for the same price.

I don't think there are fake UEs floating around. I have heard of fake shures but never UE.

Dec 21, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #3 of 22
I bought a red pair from Radio Shack, too. I think I paid only about $45.

Dec 21, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #4 of 22
how does the super.fi 3s look when inside your ear. I cant find any pics on the internet. Not clear ones anyway. When inside your ear, are they sitting perpendicular to you head or what???

Dec 21, 2008 at 5:47 AM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooran /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got the Altec Lansing UHP336 for $28. Very real
biggrin.gif

In all honesty that is a deal so good its not even funny seriously i should grab a pair just for the hell of it!
icon10.gif

Dec 21, 2008 at 10:26 AM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by mambo5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how does the super.fi 3s look when inside your ear. I cant find any pics on the internet. Not clear ones anyway. When inside your ear, are they sitting perpendicular to you head or what???

I reversed the cable, so the earphone body sits flush with my ear, just like the se530 but is just a little bigger. It stays in much better than how UE recommends wearing them.

Dec 21, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by hierobryan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought a red pair from Radio Shack, too. I think I paid only about $45.

They had them on sale at one time and I bought a pair for under $50 including sales tax. Very good sounding for the money, heck I compared them with the Triple.Fi and the top end was the same, the bass was of course deeper and more abundant in the Triple.Fi

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by hierobryan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I reversed the cable, so the earphone body sits flush with my ear, just like the se530 is just a little bigger. It stays in much better than how UE recommends wearing them.

So you mean your wearing the left earphone in the right ear and the right earphone in the left ear?
I thought about doing this but does it hurt you ear?

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:49 PM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Hope this helps

Side by Side Comparison of In-Ear Headphones by Price Range

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Altec Lansing UHP336 is supposed to be a rebranded Superfi 3, so consider that?

Technically, it's not a rebranding, as the UHP336 produces a slightly superior sound to the Super Fi 3. Why? because while designing the Super fi 3's altec lansing wanted UE to make a earphone at a similar price to the super fi 3 however after testing the super fi 3, the low mids and lows were just a bit short of altec's standards, so what altec did what modify the driver design, using a slightly larger driver, put a hole into it, so that they have a slightly larger vented Balanced Armature Driver. This enhancing the lower mids, and Lows without interrupting with the high's.

So go fr the Altecs!

Dec 21, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

So you mean your wearing the left earphone in the right ear and the right earphone in the left ear?
I thought about doing this but does it hurt you ear?

Yes, R is in my left ear, L is in my right. It doesn't hurt at all...it's pretty comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back