How comfortable are the Sennheiser HD25's with glasses?
Mar 16, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #17 of 28
Try this for adjusting to desired comfort:

1. Headband closed
2. Adjust cups to ear level with lightest clamp force
3. Open the headband to increase the clamp to desired tightness.

You'll still need take a break or adjust your glasses up some, but I helps a lot imo.

Edit:  Stretching out the headband a bit before wearing also helps.  It's very durable so you don't have to worry about snapping it unless you go all hulk smash on them.

Mar 16, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #19 of 28
Glad I could help.  Nearly four years with them so I've had lots of head time with them.  I use glasses so I totally know where you're coming from.  It still had lots of clamp, but I've never really found them to be uncomfortable.  It just has the same problem all on ears have, but a small break here and there is all you need.

Mar 16, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #20 of 28
Ah, I didn't realize that you bought the HD 25-SP instead of the HD 25-1 II. I highly recommend getting the velour pad. I changed the pad right away on my 25-1II's and never looked back. You might lose some isolation, but I don't think it's significant.

-Nylan

Mar 16, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #21 of 28
I  screwed up the ear cups of my  hd595 (they are sewed & glued now) , after reading so many comments, about how easy you could remove them & wash them; so I hesitate to do the same with my hd25. Perhaps, if I  see a good video for replacing pads ...
Also I  have the adidas version of hd25, and the velour pad are white, that doesn't match the design of the whole headphone (blue expected).
Also , using velour pads weaken the bass, and bass was the main reason I  got these headphones.

Quote:
Ah, I didn't realize that you bought the HD 25-SP instead of the HD 25-1

How do you know it's the SP  version ?
According to headfonia, the sp version has inferior sound quality:
http://www.headfonia.com/sennheiser-hd25sp/

Mar 16, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #24 of 28
Finally  I've decided to go ahead and replace the pleather pads of my hd25 with the velour pads, after seeing the recommendations on this thread.
It was quite easy to remove the pads, but much harder to put them back.
It took me one hour to figure out ...
redface.gif

Now I must say the comfort is significantly better...
And to my big surprise .... I liked the changes in sound too.
I think sound is less grainy, smoother.

Mar 17, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #25 of 28
Mar 18, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #26 of 28
@Extrabigmehdi
I'll look those velour pads up. I might buy them during summer, as I've heard that there good to avoid sweaty ears.

@Nylan8301
Yeah i'm glad i bought the basic edition. The bag seemed worthless, as it doesn't protect the headphone at all.

Btw srry for the late reply guys

Mar 18, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #27 of 28
HD 25's are my go-to phones for metal and punk. I find them fast, nice bass response, and the limited soundstage is fine 'cause there's a de-emphasized soundstage in the recording/production of a lot of this music anyways. I usually don't wear glasses w/ them but could see the issue - they clamp pretty hard. I use the velour pads and, for my taste/head-shape, I find that tilting the bottom of the ear cups out a bit improves comfort and opens up the sound in a good way ('course it takes away some isolation but...)

Mar 19, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #28 of 28
I must say that i love the audio quality that the HD25's produce. My music sounds atleast twice as good as it used to. The only problem is that my ears hurt after a couple of hours, but i can take a quick break and the pain is all gone then. Hopefully the velour pads will help with the clamping a bit and sweating as well. And not ruin the sound, which is the most important.
Also I've been tilting them that way as well, it does relieve the pressure a bit, but lets lots of noise from outside in. But I only do it when my ears start to hurt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back