How comfortable are the HE-400i?
Jan 5, 2017 at 2:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Xpl0sion

New Head-Fier
I've had the HD650 for a few weeks now and the clamping, despite stretching the steel band, is not going away.  They sound amazing but I cannot listen to them for more than a half hour.  

How comfortable are the HE-400i?  I have heard they are oversized and don't clamp down as much as the 650.

Thanks.

Jan 5, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #2 of 3
  I've had the HD650 for a few weeks now and the clamping, despite stretching the steel band, is not going away.  They sound amazing but I cannot listen to them for more than a half hour.  

By "stretch" did you actually bend the steel section outwards or did you just pull it out to bare more of it, as per the normal adjustment? You're supposed to bend the steel outwards to totally reshape it.

Here's my HD600. They're only about four to five clicks out from the tightest setting but you can see how much wider they are vs the default shape. And by now I'm using much thicker Brainwavz angled pads on them and they don't feel any tighter.

Jan 6, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #3 of 3
I bought the HE400i 2 years ago and have used ever since. Comfort is top notch in my opinion, never had any problems, or have even noticed that it's there. Only concern was after trying the HD800, the 400i clamps a bit, but for me, comfort is nothing short of greatness. Not the best, but in the perfectly good category.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back