How comfortable are the ESW9s?
Dec 19, 2008 at 7:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

jonathanjong

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm thinking of buying a pair, mostly to replace my D1001s (which I should be giving to my gf). I'll not be able to resist walking around with them rather than my HD25s, but meh. Anyway, I was wondering how long I can expect to wear these. I can wear my D1001s all day, and I certainly don't expect the ESW9s to be as comfy, but so far the information on ESW9s are equivocal (though on the pessimistic side). Vote!

Dec 19, 2008 at 9:14 AM Post #4 of 14
I must have a small head. I don't need to adjust anything, the ESW9s are a perfect fit right out the box.

Over the past week ive been wearing mine for 5-8 hours a day, often with no breaks. They cause me no irritation.

Dec 19, 2008 at 9:40 AM Post #6 of 14
No bending, stretching. Some people stretch the headband with books/boxes between the earpads when not using. So as to break in clamping force of the headband. Prolong stretching with books/boxes method may cause the earpads to lose their "fluffiness".

Dec 19, 2008 at 9:42 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's supra-aural. Comfortable? Pfft. Not in a million years.

I have small ears. The pads fit round them, not on them
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 19, 2008 at 9:50 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Derivatives_Beast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Out of box, one hour. After a few weeks, 2-3 hours. Tip: stretch the headband via the adjustable chrome arms. An unused disposable chopstick between the arms at 2-3 notches works beautifully.

Nice tip. I'll try that. Supra-aural phones will never be as comfortable as circum-aural but they do a decent job.

Dec 19, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #14 of 14
They clamp the most when they are still new and have yet to conform to your head. After they do, you can wear them forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back