How come most headphones aren't made with shorter cables with separate extensions?
Oct 13, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #16 of 20
I have a 10 ft cable on m 555s, not a big deal though. I can easily wrap it in my pocket and put my S:flo in the other pocket. I walk an hour a day ever day and the cable does okay.

I also watch a lot of movies and IMHO I would rather have a 10 ft cable than a 5 ft cable for my movies.

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #17 of 20
I suspected sound quality degrading would be a concern with the extension cords, especially with high-end headphones.

But for entry level cans it still baffles me, M50 in particular. M50 actually seems more popular with general users than professionals. Surely Audio Technica are aware of casual users complaining. Even if some low-end users are fine with long cords, if they had an option to switch would any of them stick with what they currently have?

Oct 13, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #18 of 20
I suspected sound quality degrading would be a concern with the extension cords, especially with high-end headphones.

But for entry level cans it still baffles me, M50 in particular. M50 actually seems more popular with general users than professionals. Surely Audio Technica are aware of casual users complaining. Even if some low-end users are fine with long cords, if they had an option to switch would any of them stick with what they currently have?

I still like the braiding option. It's reversible.

Oct 14, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #20 of 20

Quote:
I'm not good with hairs so braiding is a no-go for me.

It is also extremely hard on the cable, especially the shielding and the conductors wrapped around the length of the cable. 

Coiling a cable around your elbow or hand is also hard on it.  This is why those of us that record and studio rats learn early on how to properly wrap cable.  I would rather you leave it on the floor than coil it wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back