How cheap could I get the UM2s for?
Oct 26, 2005 at 5:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ZimbuTheMonkey

Head-Fier
I recently ordered the Shure E4s for 195$ (shipped to Montreal), but now it seems that the UM2s produce a much warmer sound with fuller bass, which is what I like. I had only tried Shure E3s prior to this, and I liked those a lot.

How low could I get the UM2s for?

Oct 26, 2005 at 6:15 PM Post #2 of 5
Ok, it seems like I accidentally ordered the E4Gs instead, so the site has cancelled the order for now. I have time to decide. Help me out guys, I need new canalphones fast, I already miss using my E3s.

Ok, so:

UM2 vs E4

Which are more comfy?
Is it generally agreed that the UM2s produce better sound?
What's the best price I can realistically expect to get for the UM2s?

Oct 26, 2005 at 6:59 PM Post #3 of 5
well theres one available in the for sale section, make a run for it
biggrin.gif

i just ordered a pair after selling my E4's, i got it with the coupon at earphonesolutions for 240 shipped

Oct 26, 2005 at 7:10 PM Post #4 of 5
I had this same debate, which one to get???? UM2 or E4c?

After reading (Loads) and posting, I decided on UM2. They have been shipped today, so should be with me in a week or so.

I guess you just need to take the plunge one way or another. It would seem that They both sound good but very different. However I felt that the UM2 suited my needs better, were considered more comfortable, were more forgiving with compressed music and generally got a better write up than the E4.

As far as price goes, they are down to $299 at most places now. I ordered mine from FMASolutions.com. Be warned though, due to increades demand, there is about a weeks wait.

There are some sellers on Ebay (US) stlill looking at paying $299 though.

Good luck.

Oct 26, 2005 at 7:12 PM Post #5 of 5
I took the plunge too, I went for the E4s for 195. My reasoning was that since I really loved my Shure E3s, I couldn't go wrong with the E4s, considering that they are just better overall.

The UM2s would have been almost a 100 bucks CAD more. But really, who cares about money anyway... mostly I decided on the E4s due to familiarity and to avoid the hassle of cancelling my order and trying to haggle the price down of the UM2s...

sigh... let's see how it goes... I had the same dilemma when I was thinking of ordering the E3s. Then the other choice was the ER-4s.

EDIT: Actually, I just re-cancelled the order. I'm very confused.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back