How centered are you're headphones?
Apr 1, 2003 at 12:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

r3cc0s

500+ Head-Fier
I dunno lately listening, I've noticed that vocals which i've been paying attention to appear to be more towards the 1:00 area in my head. I'm scared i may have damaged my hearing or something so that my right ear is more receptive than my left?

I dunno...

kinda fugged up, cause it's liek that even if I reverse the headphones, or use different ones...

is there any good kind of sound test?
cause i'm kinda scared that maybe vocal rages are less perceptive in my left ear

Apr 1, 2003 at 12:25 AM Post #2 of 20
yep! i get that too!

it scares me that my hearing is buggered

the centre feels slighty off centre to the right

hmmm

Apr 1, 2003 at 12:36 AM Post #3 of 20
I think I'm the opposite of you guys. Left ear is better than the right, or at least that's how it seems.

Apr 1, 2003 at 12:55 AM Post #5 of 20
I haven't noticed this as much with (full) headphones.. but with my Etymotic ER-4S, it almost seems to be a lot more on the right side..

Dunno. Maybe I'm just inserting it wrong into my left ear... or I've got too much earwax in there..
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2003 at 1:18 AM Post #6 of 20
Assuming that the vocals are designed to be off-center gives me more piece of mind
wink.gif

I tend to hear a bit more to the right

Apr 1, 2003 at 1:28 AM Post #7 of 20
I have noticed that vocals are sometimes off center, but I have noticed that it is dependent on the cd playing. Sometimes the vocals are to the left and sometimes to the right, sometimes in the center. I think I my left ear might be a little more receptive as I notice vocals the most a little to the left, but I don't really know.

Apr 1, 2003 at 3:46 PM Post #9 of 20
totally bugged me out of more expensive headphones, I just can't get over it. with me it's all centered around 11 o'clock. my right ear is probably damaged more than left.

Apr 1, 2003 at 5:05 PM Post #11 of 20
With most headphones you can flip them around on your head so the right earpiece is on the left hear and vice versa.

If the 1:00 image moves to 11:00, then the imbalance is upstream in your system or in the software. If you still hear it at 1:00, that strongly suggests a hearing imbalance.

It is also possible that one earpiece is fitting your ear better than the other so the driver is more optimally oriented. This could be because of the shape of your head or ears, or because of small irregularities in the shape of your headphones.

I've spent (wasted?) some time messing around like this to check my hearing and system!

Apr 1, 2003 at 7:00 PM Post #13 of 20
ya, hrm... it still stays at around 1 oclock
it's like what Matthew-Spaltro says.

is there anyway to try to regain hearing ?
Or maybe try to focus more on the left side?
i dunno

Apr 1, 2003 at 9:17 PM Post #15 of 20
I get the feeling that theres a TEAM DEAF or TEAM TINNITUS in the making.

Sorry .... That's not funny but there are a few of one here, myself included with less than perfect hearing for one reason or another..

Sound As Ever
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back