How can I split the input and output to my soundcard without losing quality?
Jan 14, 2008 at 6:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sofakng

New Head-Fier
I'm using a Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic and I'd like to connect two inputs and two outputs.

The outputs are my Beyer DT770/80's and my old-fashioned Creative speakers. I primarily use the DT770s unless I'm playing a movie trailer or something for my wife to hear, then I like to use the speakers.

The inputs I need are two regular stereo inputs (eg. two channel RCA jacks --> mini-jack). For example, I want to hookup my PS2 and Wii to my soundcard (stereo only).

How can I do this without losing any quality? I can just buy two mini-Y splitters, but won't I lose a lot of quality doing that? Would that even work?

Thanks!

Jan 15, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #2 of 3
For the wii/ps2 you need a stereo 3.5mm to rca (female). Connect the 3.5mm end into the Line-in of your soundcard, the rca jacks connect to the wii/ps2. Set your recording device to Line-in within windows sound control panel.
Do you have a Line-out on your soundcard? Usually this would be used for pc speakers that have their own amp which most do anyways. Headphones should be connected to the headphone output.

Jan 15, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #3 of 3
I have an X-Fi XM myself, and if I remember correctly, you have one headphone-out and two line-outs along with a line-in? Should be enough for a pair of phones and a pair of speakers
smily_headphones1.gif

Check this picture out:
audiocard.gif

Also, I had no idea you could input sound from a videogame console into the soundcard! This is great news for me. I've always wanted to buy a VGA-cable for my Xbox360 and play it on my computer monitor, but thought I'd have to go without sound if I did!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back