How can I make my headphones louder?
Jul 1, 2002 at 4:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Stunna7516

100+ Head-Fier
I plugged them into the back of my computer and they are really quiet. I have a crappy sound card I bet, but I just want to play music. I can take the left out from my right speaker and put my headphones in, but then I only get sound from the left side. It doesnt distort when I turn the volume way up, but I want it to be louder with sound from both sides. I have all settings to the highest volume on the computer too.

Jul 1, 2002 at 4:38 AM Post #2 of 4
The line out of your computer was never meant to drive headphones, it doesn't have enough juice. What you need to do is buy or build an amp and run that line out signal in to it, and then plug your headphones in to an amp.

Jul 1, 2002 at 12:45 PM Post #4 of 4
You can go to Radio Shack and get a splitter for your SPEAKER leads out of your computer. You don't want to use the line out, unless you use a headphone amplifier, like the Airhead. That's about $100.

The splitter should help your problem, but you would get sound out of the speakers and headphones at the same time.

You have to figure out how much you have to spend on this change, and then explore or request options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back