How can I know if my IEM's sound quality has dropped?
Jul 20, 2023 at 1:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

hahw62

New Head-Fier
Is there a way to check if my IEMs work the same way they did when i first bought them and there is nothing wrong with them?

It's been a month since I bought my 7hz Salnotes Zero and i feel like they sound worse now even though I haven't done anything particularly bad that would damage them.

Am I just being paranoid?

Jul 20, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #3 of 9
In what way are they worse? When I got mine, I didn’t really like the way they sounded, the upper frequencies sounded harsh and unpleasant to me. A few months on and I don’t mind them so much now. Either they’ve broken in a bit, or I’ve just got used to them.

You may well be having the opposite experience to me, you liked the sound signature at first, and not the sound, to your ears, has mellowed a bitm and you don.jt like the result.

I periodically check the grill on mine, and the holes are a bit larger than normal, and don’t ever get blocked up.

Jul 21, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #4 of 9
Not related to 7hz Salnotes Zero specifically..
I have found replacing tips helps when I have been in that situation.

More broadly, if you have other equipment that you use, this can influence perception too.

Jul 22, 2023 at 5:02 AM Post #5 of 9
There's no way the IEMs themselves have changed after just a month, so I second that you check the tips, the filter and possibly your ears.

Jul 23, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #6 of 9
I did some testing and I found out that the left channel is louder than the right but it's only noticable if i play music on only one side(I also enabled mono audio to make sure it isn't something related to mixing on the song). I don't know if it always like this or if it happened later.

I removed the filters in both drivers to see if one filter was dirtier than the other but left side still sounded louder. I also put the left driver to my right ear to see if I had hearing problems on one ear but it still sounded louder.

What do i do? Is there a way to fix this? I only dropped my IEMs on a table from like 2 inches away a few times. Would that be enough to damage them?

Jul 23, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #9 of 9
Can removing the filters and putting them back on void warranty? Can they even tell I've done that?
I wouldn‘t worry about that. If these were expensive, high end IEMs, then I would imagine they would want to inspect them throughly. With these thought, I would just submit a claim and see what happens.

I’d contact the retailer first, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back