How can I get bitperfect out of my Mac to my EMU 0404 usb?
Apr 18, 2009 at 5:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

spinneresque

100+ Head-Fier
Someone mentioned that there was simply a config file/script for the PCI version of the EMU. Is there a simple solution or directions for the USB EMU as well?

thanks...

Apr 18, 2009 at 10:37 AM Post #3 of 6
If using iTunes, I think performing these steps should take care of it:
* Make sure "Sound Enhancer", "Sound Check" and "EQ" are turned OFF.
* Set volume to 100%.

Apr 18, 2009 at 10:56 AM Post #4 of 6
If the purpose of this is to play back ripped HDCD files (based on reading your other recent threads), then keep in mind that OS X is not capable of decoding HDCD period (no software that I know of with Microsoft's proprietary decoder exists for OS X), nor is your USB audio device. Why not consider ripping your HDCDs with dBpoweramp Reference (running Windows on your Mac or another computer) using the HDCD DSP plug-in, creating massive files, and playing those back with iTunes under OS X after checking the things pointed out by krmathis?

I would personally just be (and am) happy ripping my HDCDs as I do all my other audio CDs, and looking forward to setting up a separate listening area using a CD player with HDCD decoding support.

Apr 18, 2009 at 11:52 AM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for the replies. We were discussing the software decoding issue here:

HTML Code:

Code:
[left]http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/hdcd-computer-emu0404-possible-419541/[/left]

So let me clarify what I am asking. If I have perfectly and properly ripped HDCD files and want to play them with all their info intact, if I run them out of my Mac via USB into my EMU, and out of the EMU via analog, will that stream running from my mac to the emu via usb be bitperfect? If this will not happen automatically, what do I need to do to guarantee (as possible) that it will be?

thanks

Edit: It would be nice and of course preferable for me to have a dedicated machine that decodes and plays HDCD, but it's not practical for me at this time. I need portability and I am poor to boot! :)

Apr 20, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #6 of 6
anyone else has any more info on this issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back