How can I fix this frayed cable?
Sep 2, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #16 of 20
Or get some etymotic IEMs - they have a kevlar-reinforced cable, I have accidentally jerked them many times, sometimes with more than 20 lb of force, and the cables are still in tight. Had them for over a year now.

How are Etymotics in terms of value? Like Bose, Monster, Beats, etc are obviously way overpriced for what you get.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Sep 2, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #17 of 20
I got the etymotic MC5 for $40 new on ebay, and would say it is well worth the price. Especially if you go into loud places. They claim on the website that the mc5 is the most noise-cancelling headphone in the world (it is a canalphone, as in, you'll be sticking them in deep, and the tips are silicone and the casing is metal.)

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/mc5.html

What they say is:

"35 dB - 42 dB of noise isolation
Documented highest noise isolation of any earphones or headphones on the market today"

Sep 2, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:
I got the etymotic MC5 for $40 new on ebay, and would say it is well worth the price. Especially if you go into loud places. They claim on the website that the mc5 is the most noise-cancelling headphone in the world (it is a canalphone, as in, you'll be sticking them in deep, and the tips are silicone and the casing is metal.)

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/mc5.html

What they say is:

"35 dB - 42 dB of noise isolation
Documented highest noise isolation of any earphones or headphones on the market today"

Quote:
I can sell you my mc5 if you want. Still under warranty for 40.

... I like don't know ANYTHING about iems BUT I am a fan of the "if it keeps breaking get something better" option. If some one here has a used Iem [and under warranty] I scrimp and save up to buy it, as in the long run it will be a better investment than wasting time and more money fixing something... that will keep breaking! 

Sep 2, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:
I can sell you my mc5 if you want. Still under warranty for 40.

No thanks. Whether I get the mc2 or hf2, I'm getting the mic version (as opposed to the mc5 or hf5) because it has a mic and music controls.  Would the mc2s be better than the Bose IE2s that I have now?  I'm willing to spend the $110 for the hf2, but I was happy with the Bose IE2 sound so if the mc2 can equal the Bose, then I'll just get that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back